(processor) Intel Core i5 3570K Boxed
(motherboard) Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
(graphics card) XFX HD-687A-ZDDC
(hard drive) Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003, 1TB
(case) Cooler Master Storm Scout
(cpu cooler) Zalman CNPS9900 MAX Red
(memory) Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
(disk drive) LG GH24NS90 Zwart
(power supply) XFX Pro 450W (not sure about this , need help on this one)

I found this tutorial on the web that has the same motherboard as my system!
But the tutorials uses an older graphic card so I found this golden build with the graphic card XFX HD-687A-ZDDC .

So could I build an hackintosh with these parts and tutorials?

And can I create 2 partitions on the hard drive 500GB for OSX and 500GB for windows so I can dualboot? Or do I need an seconden hard drive?

Please help!

I would recommend using separate hard-drives for dual-booting purposes.

I tried to dual-boot a long time ago (snow leopard time) and due to the amount of time I had wasted just trying, I went out and purchased a 2nd hard-drive.

And that's the exact same method I'm using now, with switching the boot device from the Bios when I wanted to boot into a the other OS.

You might consider purchasing a tiny SSD (a 60 gigs one would offer enough space if you put the user data on the other hard-drive) for the OSX OS, as you can access the other partition even if it's not in Mac OSX Journaled file system.

If you're unsure whether your video board will be supported, you can install OSX without it (using the on-board video card), and once you get everything functional you dive into testing various solutions to activate video. So far I haven't got any problems with nVidia boards, they all worked OOB, not sure about Ati though.

If you're unsure whether your video board will be supported, you can install OSX without it (using the on-board video card), and once you get everything functional you dive into testing various solutions to activate video. So far I haven't got any problems with nVidia boards, they all worked OOB, not sure about Ati though.
The graphics card should work (since it's a Radeon 6870), but it needs to be inserted after the installation of OS X, as you point out.

The graphics card should work (since it's a Radeon 6870), but it needs to be inserted after the installation of OS X, as you point out.

Oke nice!

I would recommend using separate hard-drives for dual-booting purposes.

I tried to dual-boot a long time ago (snow leopard time) and due to the amount of time I had wasted just trying, I went out and purchased a 2nd hard-drive.

And that's the exact same method I'm using now, with switching the boot device from the Bios when I wanted to boot into a the other OS.

You might consider purchasing a tiny SSD (a 60 gigs one would offer enough space if you put the user data on the other hard-drive) for the OSX OS, as you can access the other partition even if it's not in Mac OSX Journaled file system.

I will be buying an SSD, but I want some file storage first :) and need the cash to buy one!

Thanks for the reactions I think I will be fine with this build! If any problems occurs I know where to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back