Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Everyone,

Thank you in advance for reading my post and helping out. This will be my first pc build ever. I'm doing a lot of research and learning every day but I'm still new so any advice is appreciated. This computer is going to be used primarily as a 4k editing computer running Adobe CC and a music production computer running Pro Tools. I was planning to run Yosemite and keep the OS up to date through the computers life. Here is the current build I'm looking at:

CPU: Intel i7-5820K

MB:
Asrock x99-WS

RAM:
Gskill Ripjaws 2666 DDR4 4x4

CASE:
Corsair 750D

HD:
Western Digital Blue 1TB

POWER:
Corsair HXi 750w

SSD: Was thinking about the
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Samsung 850 EVO 500gb. Any recommendations?

GPU: I'm really lost here. Was thinking
[/FONT]Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 with Nvidia Quadro K620. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Recommendations appreciated.

COOLING: Haven't decided on closed loop, air, or custom yet.

Is this equipment going to be compatible? Is it fairly optimized for hackintosh? Will a simple thunderbolt card such as this one allow me to use my external hard drives and audio interfaces? Also, does anyone know if I can use a fibre optic card on this build and link it up to some external drives? Overall, I'm looking for a very fast upgradable build that's significantly cheaper than a new mac pro. I apologize if I wasn't as specific as I should have been or accidentally omitted any information. Thank you for the input
[/FONT]:D:D[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

Ace Thor
[/FONT]

If this is your first build and you have little experience with OS X, then I would suggest you might want to start with supported hardware. What you have listed is possible, but there are issues with unsupported main boards/CPUs that you might find cause you many :banghead::banghead: before you can get a working system. If you are going to be depending on this to get you through school classes or for making $$$, you might want to think it over a bit before proceeding.

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to take a look at the supported hardware list and see if I can base most of my build off of it. Will reply in a little with the updated build.

Ace Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back