Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh Build

Which Case should I buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Monitor is DVI-D but the Motherboard is DVI-I. And my monitor only comes with a VGA cable. I have to buy DVI Dual-Link cable to hook it up.

peachlove:)

My Monitor is DVI-D but the Motherboard is DVI-I. And my monitor only comes with a VGA cable. I have to buy DVI Dual-Link cable to hook it up.

Monitor supports DVI-D according to this:
http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=92

The motherboard uses DVI-I or HDMI
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4338#sp

If DVI-D to DVI-D cable does not work and I believe that it should, then HDMI to DVI-D cable would be the next cable to try. It is important to remember the direction of travel of the signal is motherboard to monitor.

Adrian B

I am using my hackintosh build for video editing and office and light web browsing will it be good for those tasks?
I will be using iMovie, Pages, and Evernote

I am using my hackintosh build for video editing and office and light web browsing will it be good for those tasks?
I will be using iMovie, Pages, and Evernote

Pages and Evernote your build will take in its stride without any problem. iMovie will be fine for occasional use with an i3-3225 processor and 8 GB RAM. If you intended to spend a lot of time using iMovie then you will find that an i5/i7 much more productive. An additional 8GB RAM and a high quality GPU would make a huge difference.
It all falls down to your individual use. Your build will cope with light iMovie use as it stands. If this was my build I would be considering at least the larger case with an Intel i5-3570K and an after market cooler to give by build a little more performance.
If you will be spending a lot of your time video editing an i7 processor, 16GB RAM and a GTX660/GTX670 would be more suitable for your requirements.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back