Contribute
Register

First hackintosh build from tonymac

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVI-I is an analogue signal. DVI-D is digital, just like HDMI.

I use DVI-D from GPU to monitor, can also use HDMI to an TV, haven't tried both at the same time although others have said it works.

Adrian B

So , I noted that gigabyte gt 610 has DVI-I port and cable.....and if my new monitor has DVI-D port will it connect???

So , I noted that gigabyte gt 610 has DVI-I port and cable.....and if my new monitor has DVI-D port will it connect???

No, that will not work.

The port may also support DVI-D, but I cannot be certain on this. You might be able to connect from the HDMI port and use an HDMI to DVI-D cable or use an HDMI to DVI-D passive adaptor and DVI-D to DVI-D cable.

Can you provide a link to the card you are looking at?

No, that will not work.

The port may also support DVI-D, but I cannot be certain on this. You might be able to connect from the HDMI port and use an HDMI to DVI-D cable or use an HDMI to DVI-D passive adaptor and DVI-D to DVI-D cable.

Can you provide a link to the card you are looking at?

This is my card and please send me a solution please...thanking you in advance.... please tell me if it support dvi-d and one more question is HDMI better than DVI-D on monitor???
www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4295

This is my card and please send me a solution please...thanking you in advance.... please tell me if it support dvi-d and one more question is HDMI better than DVI-D on monitor???
www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4295

If you do it this way, you will be fine.

Get an HDMI to DVI-D cable (NOT DVI-D to HDMI)

Using adaptors at the monitor end may not fit (space restrictions) and using an adaptor at the GPU end would put further pressure on the HDMI socket, which over time may lead to failure.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Yeah , thanks for this solution Adrian . I'm very thankful to you.

excuse me, my thread :p

just coming back from work with a Geforce 240GT bought for 20$

now tell me, do i just plug it in and boot in mac drive and enable boot flag GraphicsEnabler=yes

or do i need to reinstall mac with the gpu inside

thx for the continued support

im this close to success :D

maxy414 said:
excuse me, my thread :p

just coming back from work with a Geforce 240GT bought for 20$

now tell me, do i just plug it in and boot in mac drive and enable boot flag GraphicsEnabler=yes

or do i need to reinstall mac with the gpu inside

thx for the continued support

im this close to success :D

Here is the TonyMac wiki page for Graphics cards : http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database#Working_Cards

I would plug it in and and try and see if it works. But remember to adjust your bios settings for the card ;)

Remember GE yes is the default setting in MultiBeast.

Adrian B

SUCCESS!!!

thx Adrian B for the continued support throughout the build

the build came out just perfect

i just put the GPU in,attached HDMI and i can confirm Geforce GT240 works out of the box

All systems works fine
audio
video
networking

played a couple of mkv files and they are a treat ot watch

TTHX e1 and specially Adrian B

cheeRs

SUCCESS!!!

thx Adrian B for the continued support throughout the build

the build came out just perfect

i just put the GPU in,attached HDMI and i can confirm Geforce GT240 works out of the box

All systems works fine
audio
video
networking

played a couple of mkv files and they are a treat ot watch

TTHX e1 and specially Adrian B

cheeRs

YAY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back