Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh Build / EVGA SR-X Dual 6-Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update? As the Mac Pro 'update; isnt really an update at all, was considering making one of these myself. would go dual 4 core though.

hello rory..
yeah, there's really no point in buying this "updated" mac pro..
the CPU's,the mainboard and the RAM will arrive tomorrow, then it's only the PSU left which should be here the day after tomorrow.
as soon as I start assembling the build I'll start documenting everything, maybe even with photographs so there is something like a step-by-step instruction..
so I'll keep everyone posted in here most definitely..

so everyone..
my build is up and running on lion!
there are some things I'll have to deal with like no ethernet, bluetooth, .. and probably a lot of stuff I'm about to come across..

but what I'd need help with most urgently, is that my RAM only show up as 1300MHz instead of 1600. in the BIOS's overclocking settings I can't change that, everything is grey and it's not possible to set the speed... any ideas?

I'll post photos of the build soon!

ok, the ethernet issue has been fixed, in multi beast there is the right fix under Drivers > Kexts & Enablers > Network > hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
works like a charm..

still trying to fix the rest.. any help's appreciated

easybeast or userdsdt
im very sure u can get ur hackintosh 100% just u need nullpower( thats mean no native sleep , u can use sleepenable to get the sleep to work )
just try to make ur own dsdt with dsdt editor and fix the audio and thats it :headbang:

wearelike, can you post a current list of what's working and what's not with your system? Is the audio working?

I believe you're not alone in having the RAM show up as lower speed than advertised. Pure Windows installs have had similar issues and wound up buying different RAM.

Gordo74 said:
wearelike said:
found out about that couple minutes ago, too.. any idea what the effective difference is when it comes to gpu-based rendering? it's 3 times the streaming cores after all..
how about the rest.. think it'll all work with the sr-x? still no clue about the cpu..
thx!

The GTX 5xx is actually MUCH better with CUDA rendering than the GTX 6xx series. It seems Nvidia wants to cripple the gaming cards because the 5xx gaming line was so good at rendering, that the actual rendering cards (quattro) were not selling!

The SR-X, you'll have to use NullCPU Power management, as there is no Mac Pro out that uses the LGA2011 socket yet, but it should work. The audio is Realtek 898 and the Ethernet is Intel chips, so that shouldn't be an issue.

hey gordo :) where did you get the infor that 3 times streaming cores is slower than the 5xx series?

cheers janosch

alright, I had to reinstall cause after easybeast install the system wouldn't boot anymore, stuc at the apple logo boot screen..

I just can't figure out what I have to choose from multibeast in order to get the system booting. I tried installing chimera only but it didn't work either. installing only the drivers I need works, but then it doesn't boot..

so now I have a completely clean install of Lion on there, no multibeast has been applied so far. can anyone give me some hints what to choose and what to avoid? the last working system I had this afternoon had the right graphics settings, sata, usb2+3, network but no sound, no hdd boot, no bluetooth,.. so basically everything I need was working except for the booting! darn.. I just can't remember what I chose when I applied multibeast for the first time, because then the hd boot worked...

please someone help me asap! I gotta feeling I'm just a couple steps away from getting a kinda smoothly running system..
thanks in advance

alright, i found the bug.. it was the 'repair permissions' feature that killed my osx install. everything works fine now! if anyone needs some hints, I might be able to help you.

still missing: bluetooth, audio, automatic restart on shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back