Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello, everyone!

Let me first begin by saying that I am so happy to have stumbled upon this community! It has already been an incredible resource in regards to answering many of my questions about the process of building a Hackintosh.

I am planning to build a new Hackintosh that I would like to dual-boot with Windows and OS X (Mavericks, if possible). The system will be used primarily for high-end gaming on the Windows side, while using OS X for much of my classwork as a college student. I do a little work with Photoshop and inDesign from time to time, but I am by no means a heavy user of those programs, nor do I require the ability to edit HD video (though I would not complain if it were possible to do so).

The build I have selected so far using the current Buyer's Guide is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
(I already own a 1TB SSHD that I may use for the Windows OS)
Power Supply: Corsair HX750 750 watt Modular PSU
Optical Drive: LG BluRay Optical Drive
Wireless Card: Rosewill N900PCE Wirless Dual Band PCIe Adapter
Case: Corsair Obsidian 550D
Monitor: Asus VE278H 27" Widescreen Monitor
OS: I already own both Windows 8 and OS X Mavericks operating systems.

I am very open to comments or suggestions about this build, as well as any other useful information that may assist me in the build process before I take the plunge. I would just like to make sure that this build should work correctly (assuming that I can successfully assemble it and install the necessary software) and that it will meet my needs listed above.

Thank you again for all of the support that this community has already offered, and thank you in advance to any and all who respond to my request.!

All your choices look reasonable to me for what you want to accomplish.
To leave the option for overclocking open you could spend a little more
for the I5-4670K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back