Graphics
GTX 1060
Specs:

GB Z97X-UD3H Motherboard
Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GT530 (or GT545, can't remember which), took out of old computer
Crucial Ballistix 16GB kit Sport RAM
Corsair CX430 PSupply
Samsung 120GB SSD drive (Yosemite install drive)
PNY 8GB USB drive w/ UNibeast, Multibeast d/l'd and installed 5 days ago)

Successfully installed Yosemite on SSD. Ran multibeast and created profile as Mac Pro 3,1. NO other checkboxes checked. Rebooted without 8GB USB. Gets to grey apple screen. Progress bar moves but painfully slow. I believe it stopped about halfway through the load last time. I've had to use the nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 boot flags to get through the install of Yosemite, otherwise the monitor would turn off. Did not install included drivers for motherboard yet, wasn't sure if that was needed.

I apologize in advance for noob ignorance. I've read through some posts but not sure where to begin the troubleshooting. SO CLOSE...

Specs:

GB Z97X-UD3H Motherboard
Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GT530 (or GT545, can't remember which), took out of old computer
Crucial Ballistix 16GB kit Sport RAM
Corsair CX430 PSupply
Samsung 120GB SSD drive (Yosemite install drive)
PNY 8GB USB drive w/ UNibeast, Multibeast d/l'd and installed 5 days ago)

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Successfully installed Yosemite on SSD. Ran multibeast and created profile as Mac Pro 3,1. NO other checkboxes checked. Rebooted without 8GB USB. Gets to grey apple screen. Progress bar moves but painfully slow. I believe it stopped about halfway through the load last time. I've had to use the nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 boot flags to get through the install of Yosemite, otherwise the monitor would turn off. Did not install included drivers for motherboard yet, wasn't sure if that was needed.

I apologize in advance for noob ignorance. I've read through some posts but not sure where to begin the troubleshooting. SO CLOSE...

Boot with flag -v and post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen

After trial and error, I went back into Multibeast and created a new profile including some audio and LAN drivers I had forgotten to load. I also checked the "Graphics enabler=yes" box. That seems to have cured whatever issues the setup was having. This rig absolutely burns rubber! Thank you to all in the community for your your knowledge and insight. Time to get busy... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back