Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H170 D3HP
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello everyone,

never tough it could end making my own pc..Apple..anyway...

I just finished my shopping list, based on Buyer'sguide/mATX. I suppose its good to go, but has I'm newbie and not really a tech, I'm not so sure :

— is the power supply OK for this config ?
— is the case OK, enough room inside ?
— with i7, 8go ram is good ?
— anything else ?

Has I plan to dual boot, can I instal W8 from an usb drive?

If someone can drop me a GO, or any advice, would be appreciated!
Thanks you!! Keep up the good work.

Here is the list

mon pc adoré.png

Looks good. Might as well swap out the 4770 for the 4770k so you can over-clock. The rest of your system is set up for it.

Whether 8gb of RAM is good enough will depend on your use. For gaming the i5 4670k and 8gb will be plenty. The GPU is the most important.

For video editing/general production work, you might be better off with the i7 and 16gb. Have a look at performance bench marks on the different set ups based on the programmes you use and make a decision about what you will be happy with personally.

Looks good. Might as well swap out the 4770 for the 4770k so you can over-clock. The rest of your system is set up for it.

Whether 8gb of RAM is good enough will depend on your use. For gaming the i5 4670k and 8gb will be plenty. The GPU is the most important.

For video editing/general production work, you might be better off with the i7 and 16gb. Have a look at performance bench marks on the different set ups based on the programmes you use and make a decision about what you will be happy with personally.

Thx for the reply.
I will concider the i5 option has I try to stay around 1000€ for the build. For work I mostly use illustrator with very complex files that uses large HD imports, I hope/believe the build will deal with such files VS my actual macbook pro (i7 2.2 amd 6750M, ssd, 8go).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back