Graphics
GTX 650 2gb DDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I really want to go ahead and build my first pc/hackintosh ever.. I've been doing a lot of research and reading on this website and the whole software part of the build seems daunting to me. I'm so nervous I'll spend $1000 on all these parts and have it not boot up correctly, not have working usb's or something annoying and weird like that. This is the hardware I'm interested in buying.

-Fractal Design Define R4 Case

-don't know which motherboard to get.. (which one has less issues/easier setup?)
[h=1]GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 or [/h]Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155

-EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards

[SUB]-[/SUB][SUB]Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core

-CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W[/SUB]

-internal card reader

-internal wifi card

-ocz 120gb ssd

-1tb seagate hd

-
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB

All of this hardware I found researching on this site so I know it is compatible to work with osx.. but I hope that it will all work together well. I also am not sure if im missing anything. What are the best posts/tutorials/how-tos I should read to feel more confident about building this system?

Thanks so much!

So I really want to go ahead and build my first pc/hackintosh ever.. I've been doing a lot of research and reading on this website and the whole software part of the build seems daunting to me. I'm so nervous I'll spend $1000 on all these parts and have it not boot up correctly, not have working usb's or something annoying and weird like that. This is the hardware I'm interested in buying.

-Fractal Design Define R4 Case

-don't know which motherboard to get.. (which one has less issues/easier setup?)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 or

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155

-EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards

[SUB]-[/SUB][SUB]Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core

-CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W[/SUB]

-internal card reader

-internal wifi card

-ocz 120gb ssd

-1tb seagate hd

-
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB

All of this hardware I found researching on this site so I know it is compatible to work with osx.. but I hope that it will all work together well. I also am not sure if im missing anything. What are the best posts/tutorials/how-tos I should read to feel more confident about building this system?

Thanks so much!

I would use the Z77x board for this build as it is designed for Ivy Bridge. The 3770 is an ivy bridge chip. The Z68 is a good board but is older and not going work as easily as the Z77x will for a first time builder. It's normal to have some doubts at first, just take some time follow all the guides and ask for help when you need it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back