Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've built hackintosh's before using tonymac's UniBeast, but this one is a whole new deal for me. My buddy had a G5 system running Tiger with only 1GB of RAM, and when I told him about the Hackintosh he was more then happy to tear the thing up and customize it.

So, the first thing we did was rip everything out of the case:

IMG_00014.jpg

Next, we ordered a motherboard tray from Mountain Mods, with a black I/O Panel. So we marked on the back where the cutting was so that the I/O tray would fit properly. Here's the first attempt at it:

IMG_00011.jpg

IMG_00012.jpg

IMG_00013.jpg

And finally the final install, with just a little bit of sanding we need to do in the fan areas:

IMG_00018.jpg

And the motherboard tray in place:

IMG_00017.jpg

It's dirty inside yes, but we're still working on cleaning that all out, and what not. The parts come tomorrow, it's gonna have an i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB HDD for now.

More to come...

Here's the motherboard with CPU and RAM installed; also the Power Supply is going to be put in the bottom left of the machine:

IMG_00019.jpg

Nice work so far. The I/O panel is going to be nice and clean. I like it. Keep us posted.

How did you mount the MB Tray?

Well, we couldn't figure out a way to mount it without drilling through the side of the case, so when the power supply was put in place, it was just pushed up against the motherboard tray, and it's holding it from flopping around inside.

Here's the finished product:

IMG_00033.jpg

DVD Drive ejects properly in OSX, so that's nice. We didn't add a switch for the eject, just using the in system eject.

So it's a i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 1.5TB HDD, 650W PSU, and just using onboard video for now. May upgrade to a video card later...

But that's the final build, the last parts were to get 2 80mm fans put in, and they are finally installed!

Jeffinslaw said:
Not bad, maybe some cable management though?

Jeffinslaw

It was for a buddy, so if he wants to do cable management, then he can go ahead and do it!

Thanks for the tip!

I STRONGLY suggest you urge him to do some cable management ;) It improves airflow which will help out your components.

Jeffinslaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back