Corsair 120SP Twin Pack
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L64NYPC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181070

IN WIN 901 Computer Case
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MLMRZ62/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
[NEWEGGhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108457[/NEWEGG]

Comments

The Build

With the Corsair H80i v2, I decided. to change the fans to the Corsair 120SP Twin Pack which I purchased from eBay. But surprisingly they were louder than expected verses the stock fan which came with H80i v2. From experimenting, I had to switch it back to the stock fan which are so much more quiet. The pump noise is virtually nonexistent.

The nice thing about the Corsair Vengeance LPX memory is, when entering in the speed manually, you won't have the option to choose 3000mhz. So, the highest speed will suffice.

I bought the PNY GTX 970 4GB Thunder Port Rev 2 graphics card because I thought it was on sale plus a $40 rebate. Unfortunately, it's loud at mid to max load. I recommend something researching for a quieter GPU.

When the EVGA PSU is on Eco Mode, I can't hear a thing. At the time, I was limited to the 650 watt version. But, for this case the 850watt is much cheaper now, so I'd recommend getting that instead.

I got the IN WIN 901 Computer Case for $69.99 as a result of a price match to Fry's Electronics website. As I'm checking, I believe they do not have it in stock anymore to price match. As for the Corsair 120SP case fans, I have a total of three 120mm fans in all, not counting the one built on the GPU. OVERALL, these were quite disappointing. If I had it to all over again, I would look into Noctual fans.)

Installation

Prerequisites:
8GB Thumb drive or More UniBeast - Follow Steps 1 and 2 from Here
2GB or More USB for Downloaded Utilities & Prerequisite files!
Blank HDD (To Install Hackintosh)

Utilities:
UniBeast for El Capian v6.2+ and MultiBeast for El Capian v8.2+
EFIMounter v3
/El Capitan Post-Install Tools

Files, Drivers and kexts
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Preconfigured Skylake config.plist
USBInjectAll.kext
Nvidia Web Drivers
After Install config.plist
ALC892 Kexts

Whats Working & Whats Not?
-Working:

• What it working everything including all USB 3.0 and 3.1 Ports.
  • Audio also word with monitor HDMI or Thunder Port output from the GPU
  • I managed to somehow got the on Board Bluetooth to work but after researching to have the output display on a 34" LG Ultrawide Curved with 3440x1440 at 60hertz, with other kext files and modifications to the .plist file, Bluetooth was no longer available. I'm going to reinstall El Capitan 10.11.4 with the current setup and manually log what configs I applied and edit on the .plist to find out how I managed to get Bluetooth to function in the first place. (Starting over my installation from scratch as soon as I search the forum on how to create a backup file without using Time Machine.)
  • I did have a problem with the ram reading at 4x2=8GB at 3200mhz, I did manage to fix the problem by using Clover v2 and by entering in the Make, Model, Frequency, Size, with serial number.
-Not Working:
  • On Board Wifi (also Bluetooth for now until I figure out what I did)
Note:
I will try my best to from memory to see to fix the Bluetooth because, I'm trying to avoid buying a BT UBS dongle at all cost, this motherboard and case in total only had 4 UBS ports, all of which are UBS 3.0, 1 USB 3.1, and 1 USB 3.1 Type C. To access those ports requires you to remove a portion of the back case/grill, held on by 4 spring loaded thumb screws is, which is a task due to the 120mm CPU liquid cooler attached. I really do not feel comfort able adjusting the hose which I'm afraid might rupture. (Not too sure how sturdy the braided hose are but rubbing against metal, I am sure is not good)

Pre Install Setup And Configuration:
1)
Copy all downloaded files to a spare USB
2) Follow Steps 1 & 2 from this Link (Credits to tonymacx86)
Done correctly, you should have a functional El Capitan USB Installer (I found that some USB drives may cause problem even thought it's has plenty of space to work with. In this case, I had to resort to a old 16gb Kingston Hyper X thumb drive.)
3) In finder you should now find a mounted drive called EFI. If not Run Efi Mounter v3 and click mount and choose the corresponding drive.
4) Navigate into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
5) Copy
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
6) Go Back a folder then delete the config.plist and replace with the pre-configured config.plist
7) Open Kexts folder and all numbered folders before 10.10
8) Copy over USBInjectAll.Kext into the 10.10 & 10.11 folder

Installation:
1)
Boot up the computer and enter the Boot selection menu by tapping F12 on the post screen
2) Select the USB Drive you created earlier with UniBeast
3) Navigate to Options using your keyboard & add nv_disable=1 to the boot args section and press enter
4) Navigate back to the selection menu by pressing ESC on your keyboard and select the hackintosh USB
5) Once in the El Capitan install screen make sure to format the HDD you will be using to install El Capitan on by going up the top of the screen and selecting Utilities then Disk Utility.
6) Once install finishes and reboots boot the USB again & add the boot arguments again and boot from the formatted drive you renamed earlier in Clover
7) Run through the initial configuration screen and create your User
8) Once on the desktop plug the USB into any USB port (Front or back) and copy all the downloaded files you copied earlier to the desktop.
9) Run extract MultiBeast and run it.
10) Select the following:

Quickstart - UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx - ALC1150
Drivers > Misc - FakeSMC HWMonitor Application *Optional
Drivers > Network - I chose both AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0d0 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3
Bootloader > Clover 2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode
Customise > System Definitions - iMac 17,1
Click Build > Install​

11) Run EFIMounter v3 & select the HDD not the USB.
12) Once mounted navigate into /EFI/CLOVER/ and delete config.plist and replace with the downloaded one
13) Open Kexts folder and all numbered folders before 10.10
14) Copy over
USBInjectAll.Kext into the 10.10 & 10.11 folder
15) Remove the USB drive and Reboot, add the boot arguments from before and boot from the Hackintosh HDD you renamed earlier
16) Once rebooted install the Nvidia Web Drivers (DO NOT PRESS THE RESTART BUTTON YET)
17) Mount the HDD using EFIMounter v3 and navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and delete config.plist
18) Copy the copyafter-config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/ and rename to config.plist

19) Make sure to install Nvidia Web Drivers, I also downloaded the CUDA driver also just incase.
20) Reboot!
(You may want to keep a manual log of what you modified and installed. For precaution install one thing at a time and adjustments you've made with using Clover and restart each time. It's time consuming but 15 or less seconds to reboot may save you from doing redoing everything, and in case you happen to get the onboard bluetooth to work, please do share what you did. On several occasions of having to reinstall from scratch (making a new copy of OS X each time) sometime BT worked when I was experimenting with the Mac Pro and iMac Definition from Unibeast. I do not know how to create a backup, so that would be one thing I've learned so far.

By using the method I used Audio worked right off the bat, rear and front. Ultimately I wanted to have sound outputting from my monitor via HDMI. Mind that when you choose to connect HDMI output from the GTX 970 to HDMI 1 input, it results in the output of 3440x1440 at 30hertz. Oddly choosing the HDMI 2 input actually fixed the display output fixed the problem resulting in 3440x1440 at 60hertz and the monitor is recognized and you now navigate to System Preference > Sound, you can now see from the clicking the Sound "OUTPUT" tab, LG Display Display Port is available, even though you're connected by HDMI.
UPDATE: 05/16/2016
After using use a one fan (Stock) to push through the Corsair H80i v2 CPU Liquid Cooling radiator I didn't notice and dramatic changes. With just 2 stock 120mm fan from the liquid cooler, 1 from the from intaking air and one on located at the rear, mounted on the radiator, pushing out there were no changes from the 4 days I've used it and much quieter. This is why I'm sticking with blower sticking GPU cards, the case stays cool. I notice my benchmarks using Geekbench 3 at 32-bit and 64-bit slightly went up after doing the light fabrication to the case, applying new Thermal compound, and relocation of the cooler/fans

Now installing window with only the destination SSD installed in the machine I (I've never overclocked or changed anything in the bios in my life) I managed to do something which left me with -15.99TB of ram memory. :silent:

And comparing my build with others with similar setup, using GeekBench 3 on 64-bit and 32-bit, I do see that it is lacking from what others have shared so far.

*Update: 05/17/2016
Modifications to the inner of the frame of the case, I can not fit a mATX to run dual SLi which has been ordered to replace current hardware. Along with a new mITX case to house the current config.

New Hardware upgrades awaiting arrival going into my altered INWIN 901 ITX case:

Below I included Photos of the progress I've made and the case ready to for the new hardware to give you an idea. I will keep you updated.

Slight Mod to Case (IN WIN 901):

Heavy Case (IN WIN 901)Modifications for the new mATX and hardware upgrade:

Last edited:
Hi Mac1223:

It won't occupy the M.2 port on the back of your MB if you go for the m.2 adaptor + Airport Native card, you just replace the onboard intel card wifi card(it's a m.2 card).

There's still a bit of welding the keep the integrity of the inside frame to be done, sanding and re coating the black finish. It's not a quiet case by any means but I am prepared with heavy steel bending and paddings. The reason for the upgrade is for me to not have to worry about tinkering with the machine/hardware upgrades so soon, and something contemporary easy to the eyes. Also compact and quiet is a factor I'm also concerned about. So far so good. I will keep everyone updated!

Hi! I have a very similar build with the Gigabyte 170n Gaming 5 and 6700k as well, but installed with the previous version of both UniBeast and MultiBeast. I have issues where I have duplicate UEFIs, which I have to delete manually in clover. Have you run into this issue at all? Did you install with the most up-to-date version of both UniBeast and clover? I wonder if it has anything to do with the NVMe drive that I am using...Also, does your sleep and wake-up work OK? If I put my computer to sleep and try and turn it back on the monitor stays black and I have to do a hard reboot using the case's power switch.

Also please let me know if you get the built in Bluetooth to work! I am currently using a USB Bluetooth dongle, but it doesn't always work.

Thank you very much for your time! :D

Hello sir , thank you for such great guide , i have an issue with same setup , it looks like my usb stops working right after load bar appears in -v it gets stock pretty much after first pci , i have copied usb files to locations in this tutorial without any luck i even tried pci e usb 3.0 that used to work I'm my other macintosh , would you be willing to help me please. Thank you

Hello sir , thank you for such great guide , i have an issue with same setup , it looks like my usb stops working right after load bar appears in -v it gets stock pretty much after first pci , i have copied usb files to locations in this tutorial without any luck i even tried pci e usb 3.0 that used to work I'm my other macintosh , would you be willing to help me please. Thank you

I think I had your same issue. You need to set "FixOwnership" to "true" on your config.plists.

<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>

after i install nvidia drivers and coda my screen goes black after load , if i ad nv_disable=1 it uses OS X drivers , how do i enable the gtx titan?

I think you need to use boot arg nvda_drv=1. If it works, add it using the Clover Configurator app.
tried that , i didn't inject the card into dsdt tho so that might be an issue. Thanks.

I have a build using the same board, with the following components:

i5 6500 3.2ghz
g.skill 16gb ddr4 ram
2 PNY 240GB SSD
EVGA geforce gtx 950
I have also installed another WiFi card from DELL that many forums have recommended from

I followed your instructions, but was unable to install the nvidia web drivers because it said my operating system was not compatible. I downloaded and installed the drivers from nvidia for 10.11.5
I have the following problems so far:

1) After restart the Web Drivers still do not seem to be working. it defaults back to OS X default drivers. In the driver manager it says "no device found"
2) whenever Booting into Mac OS I get a window saying "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"
I can choose 1)initialize 2)ignore or 3)eject
3) graphics seem incredibly laggy
4) I have no ethernet or Wifi
5) everytime I run the EFI Mounter it says "multiple partitions found"
6) restart takes a long time

This is my first Computer as well, so I may be missing something fairly simple.

Help with any of these problems would be appreciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back