Graphics
HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have ga-z68m-d2h motherboard, hd6870 graphics card with a 500gb hdd. I get the sl install completely but once I install multibeast with the user dsdt aml then reboot , I get the apple logo but no spinning wheel. I try booting from iBoot, I get the wheel but it doesn't go past that. I'm pretty new in this hackintosh world, and I'm already stuck, I still want to upgrade to ML afterwards.......someone plzzzzzzzz help

I am trying to install Snow Leopard off a retail CD. i bought a new Gigabyte board and a new intel i5 quad core processor. i load the iboot disc with no problem, insert the SL disc, press F5 to refresh, the disc shows up like its supposed to, i press enter and it goes to the grey screen with the apple logo. And it just sits there for hours. I have turned on ACHI in bios as well. The machine was a Dell Studio XPS tower running windows 7. The only thing i can think of is to format the hard drive prior to trying to put SL on it. Windows 7 is still currently installed on my hard drive. Does the hard drive need to be blank prior to trying to load the SL dvd? If so, is their an easy way to format the drive to make it ready for the SL dvd. if so, how? thanks in advance

Boot using iBoot. Select your OS X partition and then hit "-x" on your keyboard and then enter. This will boot it in safemode.

I was unable to boot when I first installed OS X on my computer and this resolved it so I could launch MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back