Contribute
Register

first build problems *Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller* no solution seems to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X - UD3H - BK
CPU
intel i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I've been at this for four days solid now and I just don't know what to do. It's my first ever build so I'm learning fast. I've followed the instructions here at tony mac installation guide and so many other forums but I can't get on to the installer screen, it's the old "missing bluetooth transport controller issue". I've tried taking out the graphics card and using the on board Graphics but still get the same message. I've been through the big list of issues but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone else have any experience with this that could help out?
I'm using the Unibeast Clover installer
I bought a HDMI cable for the graphics card, no effect...

here's a list of things I tried this morning- Log of results- All using USB 3.0 (never any problem with this) Bios update to F8 using HDMI cable load optimised Defaultsinstall attempt 1.prohibited 2. restart tried dif USB [missing bluetooth transport controller] nv_disable=1 [missing bluetooth transport controller] changed sata ports to use 0,1 install attempt 1 prohibited 2 (nv_dis) [missing bluetooth transport controller]
changed XCHI to auto in BIOS
changed EHCI Hand off to enabled in BIOS
install attempt 1[missing bluetooth transport controller] 2nv_dis [missing bluetooth transport controller]
tony mac big list of solutions
fix display [+] [missing bluetooth transport controller]
generate C states[+] [missing bluetooth transport controller]
removed GPU, HDMI to o/b gfx changed to IGFX in BIOS [missing bluetooth transport controller]
set version as 10.11 [missing bluetooth transport controller]
set version 10.11 + nv_disabled [missing bluetooth transport controller]
note : when using the o/b (that means on board right?) gfx usb boot automatically changes option to inject NVIDIA. it also recognises the GT 740.

Thanks so much in advance if you can help!

UPDATE:
Loading opt defaults, Gpu is back in, USB 2.0 stick, in USB 2.0 slot, HDMI cable

install attempt. Restarted
nv_disable boot flag. Restarted
turned XHCI mode to Auto, ACHI to enabled. Restarted
OS to 10.11, nv_disable. restarted
inject Nvidia. restarted
different USB slot. Retsarted
USB 3.0 slot. restarted

In BIOS

Try disabling Serial Ports (and/or other stuff) in

Peripherals -> Super IO Configuration

If using a USB 3.0 stick for install, use a 2.0 stick instead will always have less problems (USB 3.0 may not be configured correctly on install).

Thanks CJ, I'll try this and post the results.

Setting InjectKexts to true in the Clover config.plist worked for me when I got stuck at this stage. Worth a try.
I also had my DSDT.aml in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

im using the unibeastboot options with clover and I dont think there is a specific inject Kexts option. I'm just mking a USB 2.0 stick version now so I will try that.

Using USB 2.0 justs seems to get me Reboots all the time. I've tried

Loading opt defaults, Gpu is back in, USB 2.0 stick, in USB 2.0 slot, HDMI cable

install attempt. Restarted
nv_disable boot flag. Restarted
turned XHCI mode to Auto, ACHI to enabled. Restarted
OS to 10.11, nv_disable. restarted
inject Nvidia. restarted
different USB slot. Retsarted
USB 3.0 slot. restarted
*wipe blood off desk*
*rang the samaritans*

MOSHY MOSHY: there is a block kexts option in which you have to manually enter things

CJ:I'm using the USB 2.0 and seem to be getting less far than with the USB 3.0

Is it just rebooting or is it a KP?

Could you please post a copy of your EFI folder from the installer usb?

EDIT: and if possible screenshots from primary BIOS screens + SATA + Super IO Configuration (if available)

You should try booting with nv_disable=1 because some GT 740 models don't work with built-in video drivers. That argument will give you crummy graphics, but it should get you through the install, at which point you could install the Nvidia Web drivers. But if nv_disable=1 doesn't fix the problem, it may be something different and you may be OK with the built-in drivers (it just depends on the specific model of 740).

In any case, if you're still getting a reboot, it's not enough to say you get a reboot. You should boot verbose (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of the text on the screen just before the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back