Register

First Build PC/Hackintosh build compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been browsing round tonymacx86 for a few months now in order to get an idea of what system I want to build. I just want to get a final compatibility check on the stuff I've chosen for my editing rig.

MB: AORUS 1151 Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI - Amazon UK
CPU: INTEL I7 8700K - Amazon UK
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6GB - Amazon UK
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W - Amazon UK
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB (8GB X2) - Amazon UK
SSD1: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB (FOR OSX) - Amazon UK
SSD2: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB (FOR WINDOWS) - Amazon UK
HDD: WD 1TB BLUE - Amazon UK
COOLER: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120 - Amazon UK
CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 275R - Amazon UK

Will this build be okay? I'm not sure whether the cooler will suffice the -i7-8700K as the case apparently has limited airflow compared to others with a mesh front. I'll be editing on Premiere Pro and After Effects so I don't think I need an AMD card. One of the two SSDs is for Windows as I game a little. So, yeah, let me know what how it looks! Thanks!

I've been browsing round tonymacx86 for a few months now in order to get an idea of what system I want to build. I just want to get a final compatibility check on the stuff I've chosen for my editing rig.

MB: AORUS 1151 Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI - Amazon UK
CPU: INTEL I7 8700K - Amazon UK
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6GB - Amazon UK
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W - Amazon UK
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB (8GB X2) - Amazon UK
SSD1: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB (FOR OSX) - Amazon UK
SSD2: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB (FOR WINDOWS) - Amazon UK
HDD: WD 1TB BLUE - Amazon UK
COOLER: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120 - Amazon UK
CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 275R - Amazon UK

Will this build be okay? I'm not sure whether the cooler will suffice the -i7-8700K as the case apparently has limited airflow compared to others with a mesh front. I'll be editing on Premiere Pro and After Effects so I don't think I need an AMD card. One of the two SSDs is for Windows as I game a little. So, yeah, let me know what how it looks! Thanks!

This build should work with MacOS High Sierra. Note that the WiFi hardware included with the motherboard is not compatible with MacOS.

This build should work with MacOS High Sierra. Note that the WiFi hardware included with the motherboard is not compatible with MacOS.
thanks for the reply! I think i'll go for a z370 gaming 2.0 with a netgear wifi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back