Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics
GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 3GB GV-N1060IXOC-3GD Video Card
For Christmas I thought about getting my family (ages 4, 6, 10, 31, 36 lol) a new iMac...then quickly realized I'd have to shell out for 2TB hd version and 16GB RAM and take out a loan :(. I checked out the CustoMac Mini Deluxe guide, so thankful for that.

Anyway, I need a quick review before pulling the trigger today or tomorrow when sales are over. Here's my list:

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card
BitFenix Phenom Midnight Black Mini ITX Tower Case
Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
LG 24UD58-B 23.8" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor

Am I doing this right? The use case here is macOS obviously, homework, casual games (Undertale, Minecraft, maybe that damn Roblox game), and for my wife and I we want to play PUBG and some WoW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts look good. If you are planning on sticking with Ethernet then your good on Internet, but if you need WiFi you will need to get a compatible card. You can go with the BCM94352Z M.2 card or you can go with the BCM943602CS with M.2 adapter.

The use case here is macOS obviously, homework, casual games (Undertale, Minecraft, maybe that damn Roblox game)
Why are you getting an i7-7700K CPU for homework and casual games ? Go with a Core i5 Kaby Lake CPU like the i5-7500 and save a lot of money there. Then you could also get the H270N-Wifi and save a little more. 8 GB of ram would be enough for what you want to do. Going with a 16GB kit is probably better though if that fits within your budget. Ram prices are astronomical right now. Everything else looks fine that you have listed.

Thanks for the feedback! I swapped out the CPU for the i5-7500 and traded out the motherboard for the H270N-Wifi.

I have one problem though: the power supply (Corsair - CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply) from the guide sold out on NewEgg.

Can I get a similar power supply or should I hunt for it elsewhere?

I found the SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply searching on here. Seems alright. I think.
Yes, that is a good one to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back