Contribute
Register

First build: Mostly for Web Dev. and Gaming (i9, Z390 and Rx 5700)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

It is my first post, first build(candidate) and first hackintosh attempt :) I'm planing to use this setup for mainly for the development and gaming.

I'm thinking to buy these components very soon. However, I'm not sure that they will work together perfectly. Do you guys have any suggestion for the components?

Thank you for your comment!

CPU
: Intel Core i9-9900K (amazon)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72 360mm - RL-KRX72-01 (amazon)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE (amazon)

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 Xt Gaming OC 8G (amazon)

Memory: HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3600MHz DDR4 (amazon)

Storage: XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB PCIe 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 (amazon)

Case: NZXT H510 Elite - CA-H510E-B1 - Premium Mid-Tower (amazon)

Fan: Antec Fan Prizm 140 ARGB 2+C (amazon)

WIFI & B: Fenvi T919 (amazon)

Hi All,

It is my first post, first build(candidate) and first hackintosh attempt :) I'm planing to use this setup for mainly for the development and gaming.

I'm thinking to buy these components very soon. However, I'm not sure that they will work together perfectly. Do you guys have any suggestion for the components?

Thank you for your comment!

CPU
: Intel Core i9-9900K (amazon)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72 360mm - RL-KRX72-01 (amazon)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE (amazon)

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 Xt Gaming OC 8G (amazon)

Memory: HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3600MHz DDR4 (amazon)

Storage: XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB PCIe 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 (amazon)

Case: NZXT H510 Elite - CA-H510E-B1 - Premium Mid-Tower (amazon)

Fan: Antec Fan Prizm 140 ARGB 2+C (amazon)

WIFI & B: Fenvi T919 (amazon)

The build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina only (Catalina because of the RX 5700 XT).

Jamesbond007, thanks for the reply.

I can replace it. What would you recommend for this setup?

Oh? You don't want to run Catalina at this time? What MacOS version do you want? The answer affects what graphics card you can use.

Oh, I actually my minimum version target is Catalina at this time. I thought it only works for Catalina :)

I believe this setup should be okay in the next version after Catalina? What do you think?

Thank you!

Oh, I actually my minimum version target is Catalina at this time. I thought it only works for Catalina :)

I believe this setup should be okay in the next version after Catalina? What do you think?

Thank you!

Oh I see. The RX 5700 XT only supports Catalina at this time, but it should also support future MacOS versions.

The RX 580 I am using on my system was first supported on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, and it continues to work on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina (I don't personally run Catalina at this time and have no intention of doing so until after the last major update).

Gotcha. What power supply would you use for this setup? I think I need at least 650W?

Gotcha. What power supply would you use for this setup? I think I need at least 650W?

The graphics card requires 8 pin AND 6 pin PCIe power connectors from the power supply. I recommend a power supply of at least 550W. If you plan to do heavy work then I suggest 650W or better.

Oh I see. The RX 5700 XT only supports Catalina at this time, but it should also support future MacOS versions.

The RX 580 I am using on my system was first supported on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, and it continues to work on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina (I don't personally run Catalina at this time and have no intention of doing so until after the last major update).

I don’t want to sidetrack this thread but why would you only move to Catalina only after the last major update? Is the current version somehow buggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back