Contribute
Register

First build, Last check before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to but in on an ongoing conversation but I'm also interested in replacing my problematic fermi 450 gts. Is the 5770 really as easy as picking the ati-specific chameleon? I've already bought one card, I'm hesitant to pick another that I'm not sure about. :( I could also get a 58xx series but it's considerably more and I'm not going to be a heavy user.

Anyway, I'm continuing to search on this, but if you have any input, it's greatly appreciated. Also, bow-ties are cool. (different doc but still)

pakbot said:
Sorry to but in on an ongoing conversation but I'm also interested in replacing my problematic fermi 450 gts. Is the 5770 really as easy as picking the ati-specific chameleon? I've already bought one card, I'm hesitant to pick another that I'm not sure about. :( I could also get a 58xx series but it's considerably more and I'm not going to be a heavy user.

Anyway, I'm continuing to search on this, but if you have any input, it's greatly appreciated. Also, bow-ties are cool. (different doc but still)

yes, it is this easy, there are a number of threads where people report doing the switch, i've done it as well, just install from multibeast and reboot with new card. this was with a reference 5770 (2-dvi, 1 hdmi, 1 displayport)

What is the difference betwen the motherboard rev 1.0 and rev 2.0 ? i cant buy the rev 2.0 any more ? and the same story about the graphics. What should I buy instead of the XFX HD-577A-ZNFC ? I only need a graphiccard for one 27" monitor, and no demanding games and stuff like that.

Since I cant buy the hardware im
Going for a new build.

New build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA1366
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B SCMG-2100
Graphics: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz (2x4) XMS3
HDD system disk: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 1 TB (SATA2_1)
HDD for audio: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 1 TB (SATA2_2)
HDD for user storage: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 1 TB (SATA2_3)
DVD±RW: Sony NEC Optiarc AD-5240S-01 (SATA2_0)
Case:  Cooler Master HAF 922M
Power Supply:  Corsair TX 850-Watt
OSX: Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard

What do you Think about this new build? It is almost the same as the customac 2010. But with different ram.
And if some one could help with a picture Like the one Dr. WHO posted earlier, I would be thankful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back