Contribute
Register

First build for photographer, please review my planned order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

first of all I want to say hi to this great community.:headbang:

I´m planning to build this machine, it will be mostly used for Photoshop, Capture One Pro and regular tasks.
I want to install 10.8 on it.
I need the firewire port, as my camera connects to the computer while shooting tethered.
Is my planned graphics card advisable for my tasks?
Will my parts fit into that tower?

Here are my parts, links are to amazon.de, as I´m german.

Intel Core i7-3770K
Intel Core i7-3770K Prozessor: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sockel 1155 Mainboard: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Gigabyte Geforce GTX560 TI
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX560 TI OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-E 256MB: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Corsair XMS Ram 16GB
Corsair XMS Arbeitspeicher 16GB DDR3 RAM-Kit: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Crucial CT256M4SSD2 256GB
Crucial CT256M4SSD2 256GB interne Festplatte 2.5 Zoll: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

OCZ 600MXSP ModXStream Pro
OCZ 600MXSP ModXStream Pro Netzteil 600 Watt EU - "R": Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

TP-Link TL-WN881ND Wireless N PCI-e Adapter (300Mbps)
TP-Link TL-WN881ND Wireless N PCI-e Adapter: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Fractal Design Arc Miditower ATX
Fractal Design Arc Miditower Gehäuse ATX schwarz: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Thx in advance for having a look at it :D

Hey

I have just started researching the Hackintosh idea again to plan for my next build, and while I'm at it why not try to help the community while I'm at it :)

Obviously my knowledge of currently stable MB chipsets is quite low, but i don't believe that the Z77 chipset has a dsdt in the db and so wouldnt be natively supported by Multibeast. That being said, my mb (GA-G41MT-S2P) was fairly new to the market when I got it stable, and success is usually never far round the corner

Also not sure about the GPU, I think you would need to use the nVidia CL Enabler available in the downloads section of the site, apart from that I can't help much

Hope I helped
Ben

Edit:
Just read up some more and the z77 chipset looks like a good way to go, please don't ask me about all the specifics though :)

Hi,

first of all I want to say hi to this great community.:headbang:

I´m planning to build this machine, it will be mostly used for Photoshop, Capture One Pro and regular tasks.
I want to install 10.8 on it.
I need the firewire port, as my camera connects to the computer while shooting tethered.
Is my planned graphics card advisable for my tasks?
Will my parts fit into that tower?

Here are my parts, links are to amazon.de, as I´m german.

:headbang: Looks good for what you have listed. You might want to get a couple of these:
Samsung EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB interne Festplatte 3,5: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör
to store your files, especially if you are shooting raw.
Also, you might want to look at a better CPU cooler than stock that comes with the processor. The stock fan is loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back