Contribute
Register

First Build for Music Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had planned to run sample libraries from and external SSD and OS on HDD
What a joy it would be to not know the power of SSDs and be so much pleased when you will see the difference.
A SSD (Sata or even better M.2) is a must for the OS on any PC made after 2010 ;-)

Enjoy.

Last edited:
i9 9900F -- Not overclockable, no CPU integrated graphics
i9 9900 -- Not overclockable, has CPU integrated graphics
i9 9900KF -- Overclockable, no CPU integrated graphics
i9 9900K -- Overclockable, has CPU integrated graphics

Your build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur (because of the RX 5700 XT).
So upon further research I'm interested in the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D. Do you know of anything I need to be aware of, or compatibility issues with the rest of my spec? Also, as per suggestions here I'm looking at an M2 SSD. Are you able to recommend a particular brand/model for this build (500gb)? Appreciate your thoughts

I'm interested in the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
You'll need to choose an i9 10th Gen CPU for this motherboard. Don't buy any of the i9-9900s. CaseySJ has all the info you need to choose components. Read through that thread in Golden Builds forum

Check out the first link in my signature (360/VR build) - I've been running this successfully for quite some time using Logic & ProTools, plus tons of Final Cut Pro work (including 360/VR video @4k). There are a lot of synergies between my build & what you're proposing.

Have also built a CustoMac for my spouse for their studio (also running Digital Performer and Logic Studio). It's the next iteration of my build (Z390 vs. Z370). It's also a real beast & running stable and fast:

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi
Intel i9-9900k
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z (2x16GB)
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB NVMe/m.2 SSD (boot & apps)
4GB WD RED NAS-rated drive for Logic/Digital Performer projects & sample libraries
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX580 Special Edition (8GB) GPU
IOGEAR USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (doesn't need WiFi as he's got CAT6 to the box)
Corsair water cooler

FWIW - good luck on your build!!
--B

Check out the first link in my signature (360/VR build) - I've been running this successfully for quite some time using Logic & ProTools, plus tons of Final Cut Pro work (including 360/VR video @4k). There are a lot of synergies between my build & what you're proposing.

Have also built a CustoMac for my spouse for their studio (also running Digital Performer and Logic Studio). It's the next iteration of my build (Z390 vs. Z370). It's also a real beast & running stable and fast:

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi
Intel i9-9900k
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z (2x16GB)
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB NVMe/m.2 SSD (boot & apps)
4GB WD RED NAS-rated drive for Logic/Digital Performer projects & sample libraries
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX580 Special Edition (8GB) GPU
IOGEAR USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (doesn't need WiFi as he's got CAT6 to the box)
Corsair water cooler

FWIW - good luck on your build!!
--B
Hey, Thanks so much for your response there. You're right, quite a lot of similarity in the specs. I've managed to get quite a lot of info from people like yourself on here and been able to take the build to another level. I'm really happy with the way it's panning out and looking forward to getting stuck into the build (once parts start arriving!).

Cheers again
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back