Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming 1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hallo all!

Just getting set to jump into Hackintosh land.

I was planning a cross between between the CustoMac miniDeluxe and Customac mATX recommended builds on this site.

Main parts:
Bitfenix prodigy M
Intel Core i7-4790K
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair CS-Series CS550M
GA-Z97M-D3H (mATX)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
2x250GB SSD

Questions I had:

1. The recommended list of Graphics cards includes a Gigabyte GTX 760 with part nubmer: N760OC. I've seen similar 'Windforce' versions of this card, with part number: N760WF2OC Are these cards also compatible?

2. Will I need a cooler? I don't plan to overclock, not yet anyway... But I've read about people having heat issues with that case.

3. Most of the recommended RAM seems to be listed at 1600MHz except for one that's listed at 1833MHz. Is it unsafe to go for faster than 1833, or just not worth it? Is it even worth the extra cash to go for 1833Mhz? (I had a search around the site for this one, but couldn't really find an answer)

4. I was also hoping for it to be as silent as possible - any tips on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any infos!
Rob

Questions I had:

1. The recommended list of Graphics cards includes a Gigabyte GTX 760 with part nubmer: N760OC. I've seen similar 'Windforce' versions of this card, with part number: N760WF2OC Are these cards also compatible?
yes - difference is the chip cooler - single fan reference vs 3 fan OEM cooler

2. Will I need a cooler? I don't plan to overclock, not yet anyway... But I've read about people having heat issues with that case.
I would use one just to keep the noise down - OEM fan comes with the CPU usually sounds like a jet engine cranking up on boot,

3. Most of the recommended RAM seems to be listed at 1600MHz except for one that's listed at 1833MHz. Is it unsafe to go for faster than 1833, or just not worth it? Is it even worth the extra cash to go for 1833Mhz? (I had a search around the site for this one, but couldn't really find an answer)
If no OC, look at max non-OC memory the board supports on the OEM website spec page for the board. Most boards up to now have 1600 max and anything over needs to have overclock to achieve. No sense spending extra $$$$ for fast RAM if it is going to be running at default CPU bus speed of 1600 MHz
4. I was also hoping for it to be as silent as possible - any tips on how to achieve this? Quiet fans. I like Noctua fans, but there are other brands that are fairly quiet.
Google for fan reviews and read up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back