Contribute
Register

First Build - AE/3D/Video rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just OCed, but struggling to get my ram up to the 1600mhz it's labeled at. wfj: In bios I changed the "system memory multiplier" to 16.00 and the channel timing settings to what they are on the package. Does that seem right? that what you did?

jcrowel1 said:
Just OCed, but struggling to get my ram up to the 1600mhz it's labeled at. wfj: In bios I changed the "system memory multiplier" to 16.00 and the channel timing settings to what they are on the package. Does that seem right? that what you did?

I just used the XMP profile...

Ah ok. I think my won't be able to utilize that, so I have to enter the timings manually. It's working well now, though, and seems stable (though I wasn't able to wake from sleep one time since--that could just be a standard mobo sleep issue, though).

Next step: I bought a slightly better/bigger SSD, so I'd like to clone my current one and migrate my system stuff to the new one. From reading the forums, this is what I've gathered I should do:
1) use CCC to clone onto the new disk
2) Boot from USB drive and select the new disk to make it bootable

And that should be it, right? I'm considering just doing a totally fresh install to avoid any issues with SSD alignment or anything like that...

jcrowel1 said:
Ah ok. I think my won't be able to utilize that, so I have to enter the timings manually. It's working well now, though, and seems stable (though I wasn't able to wake from sleep one time since--that could just be a standard mobo sleep issue, though).

Next step: I bought a slightly better/bigger SSD, so I'd like to clone my current one and migrate my system stuff to the new one. From reading the forums, this is what I've gathered I should do:
1) use CCC to clone onto the new disk
2) Boot from USB drive and select the new disk to make it bootable

And that should be it, right? I'm considering just doing a totally fresh install to avoid any issues with SSD alignment or anything like that...

In the past all I've done is clone using CCC and install the standalone version of chimera to the newly cloned disk. Then, just make it the first priority in the boot order of the BIOS. That should be it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back