Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi i'm a noob and i'm planing my first build. would this work?
*q9300
*GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard (or a decent 775 MB with ddr3 and working sound+network etc. )
*Dual Channel Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB), DDR3, 9-9-9-24, 1600MHz
*2 x WD caviar black 500 gb
* ??? dvd wr (i read somewhere that i should use sony or pioneer)
* EVGA 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2

I'm a bit confused when it comes to the video card.What should i use in order not to have problems? i would rather need something with dual dvi for dual monitor use.Would this work with two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution?
Would a 8800 gt should work better?
my budget is quite limited and i need a decent machine in order to to some photoshop and final cut work
THX
Stefan DAN :beachball:

baszslap said:
hi i'm a noob and i'm planing my first build. would this work?
*q9300
*GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard (or a decent 775 MB with ddr3 and working sound+network etc. )
*2 x WD caviar black 500 gb
* ??? dvd wr (i read somewhere that i should use sony or pioneer)
* EVGA 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2

I'm a bit confused when it comes to the video card.What should i use in order not to have problems? i would rather need something with dual dvi for dual monitor use.Would this work with two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution?
Would a 8800 gt should work better?
my budget is quite limited and i need a decent machine in order to to some photoshop and final cut work
THX
Stefan DAN :beachball:
Why would you want to go with a Socket 775 system? Yes, they may be cheap, but they are no longer current technology.

You would be better off going with a H55 motherboard and a Core i3 CPU. If you want ot same money yet be current.

i just started from zero after i read all day the forum
so here goes:
*i5 750
*GA-P55M-UD2 seems to be the correct choice regarding price and specs
*2xWd caviar black
*sony dvd-wr
*??? video card with dual screen supoprt and no headache

If you don't want problems with compatibility i would go with a Nvidia video card, i think the Nvidia 9500Gt would be a good choice for your build (though i cant guarantee their wont be any problems because i don't have one my self). i would avoid ATI cards because Apple usually doesn't use them.
Good luck with your build :D

swarley178 said:
If you don't want problems with compatibility i would go with a Nvidia video card, i think the Nvidia 9500Gt would be a good choice for your build (though i cant guarantee their wont be any problems because i don't have one my self). i would avoid ATI cards because Apple usually doesn't use them.
Good luck with your build :D
That used to be true in the past. But now Apple seems to be moving to NVIDIA for portables and ATI for desktops. The only exception to this is the Mac Mini (which is really a laptop without the screen).

i just found some good prices on Sapphire 5770 1gb vapor-x. this should work without problems right? it would be awsome to make this work in 64 bit mode

i'm so happy i got my batmobile gigabyte hd5770 1gb gddr5
tomorrow i'll get the cpu+mb+ram+dvd-wr+psu

can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back