CPU
X5650
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to install the update to my 10.13.6 system to get to 10.14. I am getting the Firmware Update Required. I have Clover 4630, MacPro5,1 with the correct Firmware version, date, etc. but still can't get past this. Any ideas? Thank you.

Any ideas?
Update the firmware information in the SMBIOS section of your config.plist or update Clover to a newer version.

I get the same thing. Clover version, firmware version etc... doesn't matter. Once nvidia drivers are out I plan on using a patched usb installer. Google dosdude mojave patcher. I am able to at least start the install process using that.

I have updated the SMBIOS - no go. If I update to clover to the latest (and copy working efi, I end up not being able to boot, just stops at a black screen with a “_” cursor line at the upper left of the monitor.

After some tests, I replaced the boot file, and it boots. Still the firmware update needed tho.
If the OS detects that the firmware is old it will trigger a download / upgrade.
The firmware information is specified in the config.plist and newer versions of Clover will correct the information that is passed to the OS if it is too old.
No idea why either of these solutions are not working for you.

Ok. After trying different things, I - from a tip I read - to change the SMBIOS to MacPro6,1. This worked allowing me to start the install.

You only need to change the board-ID to MacPro6,1 (can can change it back after--won't affect future updates).

You only need to change the board-ID to MacPro6,1 (can can change it back after--won't affect future updates).
Oh I like that idea. Using the macpro6,1 board-id caused my usb to stop working for some reason so I lost my keyboard and mouse. What I decided to try was using the imac14,1 board-id with macpro5,1 product name; that works and I can now start the mojave installer without problems.

As an owner of a Mac Pro 5,1, I can confirm that Mojave has a firmware update for that Mac model. I have run iMac14,2 and iMac18,3 without that firmware notice. So, use the MultiBeast default system definition or a similar system definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back