Contribute
Register

Firewire card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. I see that you are using a PCI-e card. I am testing on an older HP Elite 8300 which had an open PCI slot and decided to pick up a cheap card that I found on Ebay for $6.50. lol

I will experiment a bit with different system definitions. Thanks for your input. :thumbup:
Hi pastrychef,

Did you come up with a solution? I think I have the same problem with my StarTech FW card. The FW drives are only detected if I turn them on BEFORE I boot up the System.
Will DC plugging on the 4 pin adaptor help? Will switching the PCI-e ports help? Right now, the StarTech card sits on a PCI Ex1 port and not on a PCI Ex4.

Thanks for your help/advice.

And I thought, I was so close to a finished build.....stupid me! :banghead:

The card that I was messing around with was an old style PCI card, not PCI-e. I had it plugged in to my HP Elite 8300.

It was weird... I managed to get it working when I removed the AppleHPET.kext and using iMac17,1 system definition but that ended up preventing the CPU to go in to Turbo mode. Eventually, I gave up and went back to my previous settings to get power management working right. I haven't messed with it since then.

I know that Stork uses a PCI-e Firewire card in at least one of his builds, perhaps he will be more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back