Contribute
Register

Finished my first build and I have to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z77
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Where was the headache? I think it's a bit too easy now, with all these useful tools and examples to draw from...Most of the problems were caused by me, and most of the configuration was done for me.

Good to be "done," which basically means until the next thing doesn't work quite right...

Where was the headache? I think it's a bit too easy now, with all these useful tools and examples to draw from...Most of the problems were caused by me, and most of the configuration was done for me.

Good to be "done," which basically means until the next thing doesn't work quite right...

May all your future installs but as uneventful!

And I guess I have to say: Thanks for all the people that stick around and help people accomplish their hackintosh goals. After seeing a few weeks of forum posts it's really just a never ending stream of unpaid tech support. Well, most of the helpers at least, I assume!

Shakem,

You got lucky. :D Congrats.

This gives me hope.

I think it depends what you install it on. I only used parts that are on the tonymac list so it was a breeze. 3 small issues that were resolved within a few searchers on the forums.

Dude, this site has better tech support than most sites out there, even ones that are for legit Mac users. I've actually seen actual Mac users drop in on hackintosh sites and get tech support, because they were able to connect with people who literally knew the OS from the inside out instead of just getting canned responses that were basically copied and pasted from Apple.com. I'm glad to say that hackintoshing has gotten easier, and we owe a ton of gratitude to all of those online who have done lots of experimenting through trial and error and even software development for our benefit. These people have done this asking us for nothing in return, which is really awesome of them.

I just finished my first Hackintosh as well. Total new to this - so I did 4 re-installs underway :) ...but this forum / site has helped a lot.

Now my system is totally up and works great. It was not easy - but worth it ;-)

I just finished my first Hackintosh as well. Total new to this - so I did 4 re-installs underway :) ...but this forum / site has helped a lot.

Now my system is totally up and works great. It was not easy - but worth it ;-)
Share your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back