Contribute
Register

Fine tuning: GA-Z97M-DH3, i7-4790K, GTX 760, 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get everyone with this board on the same page, here are my install notes from when I had completed a successful Mavericks 10.9.4 install to this hardware.

Install Notes for GA Z97M-D3H BIOS(F5)-EVGA GTX 650ti BOOST 2gb

Tools needed: UniBeast 4.0.2 - App Store Mavericks 10.9.4 - MultiBeast 6.4.1 - USB/RF wireless mouse

-Prepare thumb drive by erasing with Disk Utility then run UniBeast 4.0.2, after completion, reboot into BIOS
-Load Default Optimized Settings and reboot back into BIOS
-Change SATA to AHCI, disable VT-d, disable onboard GFX
-Reboot into UniBeast thumb drive with -x -v
-Prepare SSD/HD with Disk Utility, single GUID partition, Extended Journal file type, install Mavericks
-After install is complete, boot into UniBeast thumb drive with -x -v and select Mavericks SSD/HD, set up account
-Run MB and install FakeSMC, Chimera 3.01, Basic Boot Options, IGPEnabler=No, Mac Pro 3,1 system definition
-Reboot to SSD/HD and rerun MB, for audio install Realtek ALC892 and Intel 9 series motherboard support, for network select RealtekRTL81xx v.0.0.90 and trim for 10.9.4 if using SSD
-Reboot

Known Issues:
At this time, only issue is coming out of auto sleep, audio will quit working

Other install notes:
I use an IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter plugged into an Apple wired keyboard with a Magic Mouse
You will need a USB/RF mouse for install but after you get it booting to SSD/HD Magic Mouse works flawlessly
Also I am using the HDMI port on my GFX card

Here is the current bootplist I am using:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi All,

New to this forum. I'm attempting this build but have an GA-Z97-DH3. Does anyone know whether this build is possible with this board? I have no idea what the absence of the "M" and the more common "U" mean to this configuration and google searches haven't been much help.

I'd appreciate it if someone could set me straight here.

Thanks. :crazy:

Hi, i have the same MB you have but i'm stuck at the first boot with unibeast installing Yosemite. Do you have tried Yosemite?
I'm using integrated video card and i got a screen that says "...the installation can't continues blah bla..." and the PC turns off. I tried your BIOS settings and boot options with no success.

Any hint? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back