CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm making headway with my Z97M build, but I'm having some small problems. See below for the complete hardware list. I had to disable Turbo mode, in order to get it to boot. I'd like to turn it back on. Are there other tweaks I can do?

What works: the GTX760, sleep with sound, USB 3.0, HDMI (no sound, only a little testing) via the 760. Anything else I should check?

There are many threads for this (and the H97) Mobo, but most were started before Multibreast 6.4 was released, which makes the info outdated.

I used the standard install process using these settings.

Mobo settings:
Updated bios to F5
Load Optimized Defaults
Memory Profile 1
VT-d : Disabled
SATA : AHCI
IGFX video: disabled
initial display: PCIe slot 1
Turbo: disabled

Here are the MultiBreast settings:
MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-07-27 09:30:09 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD3000/HD4000 HDMI Audio Drivers >
Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.0
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Here is the hardware list:
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0
Gigabyte GTX 760 WINDFORCE GDDR5-2GB (GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0)
ARCTIC Freezer i30 Extreme CPU Cooler
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 500GB
Seagate Desktop 3 TB HDD (ST3000DM001)
Corsair RM Series 550 Watt
BitFenix - Phenom M

Do I need to just remove the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
Or do I need to replace with an unaltered kext?

Has anyone been able to get the internal video AND the GTX 760 working?

Using Pacifist, from the 10.9.4 install app, I extracted the kext from one of the packages.
Do I need to doing anything to it before using a kext utility to install it?

While I was in there I also got "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext" is that needed?

mvn4wrd - thanks for the help you have been giving others with this CPU/mobo combo. It's a fast system in a small package.

Using Pacifist, from the 10.9.4 install app, I extracted the kext from one of the packages.
Do I need to doing anything to it before using a kext utility to install it?

While I was in there I also got "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext" is that needed?

Couldn't hurt!

I wish it had a pcie ssd like the new Mac Pro's (Trash Can)...those are BEASTS!

I've noticed an audio pop if there has been no sound for a while, e.g. Reading a web page and an email comes in. In the past I thought setting your system to iMac fixed it. Not working this time, I'm set to iMac14,2.

Any suggestions?

I've noticed an audio pop if there has been no sound for a while, e.g. Reading a web page and an email comes in. In the past I thought setting your system to iMac fixed it. Not working this time, I'm set to iMac14,2.

I haven't heard that on my build...yet

This is all I installed from multibeast:

FakeSMC
Chimera 3.01
Basic Boot Options, and modified plist to my liking
Mac Pro 3,1

Realtek ALC892
Intel 9 series motherboard support
RealtekRTL81xx v.0.0.90
Trim for 10.9.4

Hi, I was trying to do a very similar build, but after every step I progress forward comes another nearly impossible to resolve.

I have an GA-Z97M-D3H, i7-4790K (first I try with Intel HD4600 graphics... Then I try with a GT640).

The first trouble I found is de boot0 error (A Seagate 2TB 7200 disk). I learn to solve in here http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
(I have to say that issue is easy to resolve but takes a lot of time each time I start again)

The system doesn't boot after the first install with unibeast with the GT640. In facts, it doesn't boot if the graphic card is installed on the mother board. That card was used in another hackintosh with mountain lion and a z77 motherboard by a year, and works perfectly. I continue the process with Intel HD4600.

Then another problem, I found in other post, that the 4790k cpu sometimes has issues with the Cstates and Pstates, so uncheck the CPU states in multibeast and solve the problem

Then another simple problem, I need to add PCIRootUID=1 to boot normally. Ok.

Then... The first boot with the Intel HD4600 Graphics with one digital display it recognized graphics. Then when I install network and reboot (only network from multibeast) it doesn't recognize Graphics anymore. I don't know if this can do something, but I connect a second monitor, in VGA port... (Then I try without it, but never recognized graphics again)... I'm gonna do a fresh install... Again. (and goes like 15 or 20 times).
I have a Unibeast with 10.9.2 , and sometimes try with the 10.9.4 combo update... But it doesn't seem to change anything...(for bad or for good)

I was reading post from here about two weeks, I'm starting to lose the small part of hope I have now... Some advise here?

Thanks! And sorry if my english is not the best.
.J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back