Contribute
Register

Finder issues, getting very old. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel i7 2600K OC
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, first post here. Built my Hackintosh the week before Christmas and am loving the speed. I built the upper end CustoMac Pro with the 2600K i7 and a GA-Z68XP-UD3. I will list specs below.

Anyway, I am having trouble with the finder becoming unresponsive using 10.7.2. I am not getting any errors or kernal panics, and relaunching the Finder doesn't seem to bring it back to life. I have to hard reboot to get back up and running. Quite the inconvenience....

For example, if I put a DVD in the drive and rip it before I go to bed, when I come back in the morning and eject the DVD, the disc comes out but the icon on the desktop will stay. When I try to drag it to the trash the mouse icon goes to the spinning wheel and none of the finder menus or pref panel work. All other running apps work fine, I can quit and open windows, etc...

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Michael.

Specs:

GA-Z68XP-UD3
i7 2600k
8 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
Gigabyte HD6870
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
Corsair HX650W psu
2 sata HDDs for media/backups

I used the latest version Unibeast to load the system. Thanks!

Did you used the DSTD from this this site?
Are you using eSATA?

Yes to the DSDT and no to eSATA. I think I narrowed it down to a bad Blueray drive. I have pulled it and RMAed it and have not had any problems since. Running very stable now.

mikod17 said:
Yes to the DSDT and no to eSATA. I think I narrowed it down to a bad Blueray drive. I have pulled it and RMAed it and have not had any problems since. Running very stable now.

Good to hear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back