Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks.

I've been running 10.7.0 on my Hackintosh (Core i5, 2500K, 16GB RAM, Radeon 6850, etc.) flawlessly for months. Just yesterday I finally updated to 10.7.2 (to get iCloud working with a new iPad 2). Seemed fine. However I've just now discovered that if I attempt to VNC into the Hackintosh, I trigger a kernel panic... EVERY TIME. :-\ Never happened on 10.7.

Any ideas?

Interestingly, the menu bar shows the binoculars icon, as though screen sharing is happening, even if I disable screen sharing in System Preferences. Most unusual...

Edit: Oh, I should also add that as part of getting iCloud to work, I also updated to the latest Chimera 1.7 bootloader. Not sure if it's related, but it's one of the changes I made recently before this kernel panic started happening.

The kernel panic happens when attempting to screen share from MacBook Pro (legit Apple machine), which is running 10.6.4. If screen sharing from the Hackintosh (to share the MacBook's screen), it works fine, no kernel panic. But in reverse, kernel panic.

I ran Airport Utility 6.0, and updated my Airport Base Extreme's firmware. No difference.

Okay, well that was awfully convenient. Updating to 10.7.3 which was released today solves this problem. No kernel panics using VNC any more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back