Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just to let you guys know, today I finally updated my rig to 10.6.3. Since I set up the machine in 2/2010 I didnt remember too much about E/E and S/L/E stuff, so I backed up all my data first ;) emptied out E/E and then went on to follow Tony's post with Multibeast open and Combo Update running.

When I reached the critical phase, where I was to choose which options in Multibeast to click on I got a little confused because there is "overlapping" options, but once I read all the subtexts I was okay with anything, sounded all good to me.

Also I kept my E/E window open to see, what was actually going on in there. And as Multibeast was working you could see different kexts popping up, and also a DSDT.aml, dated from 26.4.2010 was being inserted. Since I'm running an officially unsupported BIOS F9, I wasnt sure what was gonna happen but it all worked out just dandy.

Once the system rebooted I realized that my temps went up 8-10° Celsius in iStat Menu 2, before 38-40°, now 47-50° so i wanted to check speedstep with MSR Tools...

But that turned out to be the only thing that wasn't working anymore, because i got a kernel panic when i issued the arch=i386 command at the chameleon boot screen for 32 bit kernel.
I got rid of that by replacing the DSDT file from Multibeast with the one for BIOS F10 from the DSDT Database, dated 26.5.2010.

Now I'm in 32 Bit Mode. I can see speedstep working but mostly my "Actual Frequency" stays at 2.93 GHz. It will go down to 1.26 every now and then but most of the time it stays up there.

Also my system got a little faster in geekbench, from around 8050 to 8200.

I like having the USB Power On/Off thingy working, so I'm wondering if I try out BIOS F10, and see if that changes anything...

will keep you updated...

thx 4 reading!

quad :beachball:

EDiT: 1.6.2010 So I found the time today to hook up my rusty old PC USB Keyboard and flashed to f10. Everything remains the same, sleep is working, and Wake Up via Space Bar also works like before. I don't quite understand why there is so much trouble with the waking up function. Mine works fine as long as its connected to the rear USB connections. The front ones wont do it...

c ya :wave:

PS: The temp rise was obviously due to some Spotlight indexing going on after the update...

Just an update: The other reason why my temps were higher was my somewhat clogged fan... :crazy: Now temps are back to normal and the thing is fast as never before! I put it back in the noise coffin... Thanks to all in here and especially Töny Mäc!

quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back