HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I think I am finally ready to build my first hackintosh, but there are a few questions left which I couldn't answer with the search function. For my build I would stick to the "deluxe" mac mini guide here. I would like to use the i5 and 8GB Ram but for the MB I would like to use the H77N board because I think I read that the Z77N board is only useful if you want to overclock, which I definetly do now want. Can anyone confirm that this would work? I would replace the onboard wifi with this one here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/160510168523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3543wt_824 Would that work natively and out-of-the-box? If I got the 1.1 Revision of the board, what would not work? I do not necesseraly need LAN but I need onboard sound. Is there any other limitations which make this machine different from a real mac mini? I would maybe add a graphics card like GT 640 later on, do you think I'm fine with a 430W PSU? And since I'm new to the topic of building computers (although I'm studying buisness informatics in the third semstre:D) what do I need to know about cooling? If I stick to the bitfenix prodigy case, what will I need as fans? Any help is appreceiated.

I'm really happy that there is such a great community here. Thank you very much.

Yes, that WiFi card will work OOB. The rest raises no red flags, except I haven't heard about the H77N/Z77N having a revision 1.1, even less that it's a problem. There is an entirely different board that has that problem though.

The Bitfenix Prodigy comes with two 120 mm fans, you won't need more.

okay, very cool, so will I even get the LAN working? And how do I power the two 120mm fans+the CPU cooler(I think I will use the one that comes with the i5)? Does the MoBo have enough connectors?

okay, very cool, so will I even get the LAN working? And how do I power the two 120mm fans+the CPU cooler(I think I will use the one that comes with the i5)? Does the MoBo have enough connectors?

Board only has 1 CPU, 1 System fan connector IIRC. You can get a Scythe Kaze Master fan controller for the other fans - http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-MASTER-KM01-BK-5-25-inch-Controller/dp/B001E2HKL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351713558&sr=1-1&keywords=kaze+master

The third fan can go on a molex adapter, 2-to-1 3-pin splitter, or, like Going Bald suggests, a fan controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back