Contribute
Register

Finally I have successfully installed Sierra on my HP Pavilion 15 E033TX, but can I...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1976-Clover
CPU
i7-4702MQ/HM86
Graphics
HD 4600 + HD 8670M, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Everything is working so far, battery, sounds, iMessage, Appstore, etc. Except AMD 8670M (disabled) and brightness control.. Thanks a lot for everyone who has contributed their time and knowledge with us, it took me about 6 days to finish this, because I'm pretty new to this, and had to read a lot for those patches and stuffs + failed a lot with some Kernel Panics.. Well I will get into the point.. My question is, can I install Mac OS High Sierra or Mojave without any troubles? I mean it is slow or something? or better than Sierra?(Of course it should be) However I have HP HM86 Haswell Motherboard, can I also use these patched DSTTs + DSDT + config.plist with that installation? I would like to hear from others who have upgraded from Sierra, thank you! :)

Everything is working so far, battery, sounds, iMessage, Appstore, etc. Except AMD 8670M (disabled) and brightness control.. Thanks a lot for everyone who has contributed their time and knowledge with us, it took me about 6 days to finish this, because I'm pretty new to this, and had to read a lot for those patches and stuffs + failed a lot with some Kernel Panics.. Well I will get into the point.. My question is, can I install Mac OS High Sierra or Mojave without any troubles? I mean it is slow or something? or better than Sierra?(Of course it should be) However I have HP HM86 Haswell Motherboard, can I also use these patched DSTTs + DSDT + config.plist with that installation? I would like to hear from others who have upgraded from Sierra, thank you! :)

It depends on what you did.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

It depends on what you did.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
DSDT Patches

HP G6 2221ss Battery Patch (tried few other but didn’t work)
Disable from _INI
Disable from _REG on SSDT-3 or something
Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)
Britness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell) (it didn’t work either)
Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
Rename GFXO to IGPU
Fix_WAK Arg0 v2
Haswell LPC
HPET Fix

I didn’t use IRQ Fix as it says it has affect on HPET and since I got sounds with VoodooHD packages (other methods didn’t work, tried for days), I didn’t want to use it.. My audio devices are unsupported (Intel and Realtek) their codes are unknown in DPCI Manager..

RTC Fix
SMBUS Fix
8-series USB

LTR8100E.kext never worked, tried installing with your terminal method on both L*/E* and S*/L*/E*, then used Kext Utility, nothing worked.. then used Hackintosh Vietnamese Tools to install some other kexts including the LTR8100E, which worked, I don’t know if I was missing something, but as far as I remember, I read the post few times :/

Those are the only patches so far, I used all your guides, including installing with clover, DSDT-SSDT patching, and some other.. so can I use them over the High Sierra or Mojave installation?

I may sound stupid, but which is the best choice? Stay in Sierra, or move to High Sierra/ Mojave? I actually don’t know much about those OS X(yet), maybe you can give a choice for a noob like me :S

DSDT Patches

HP G6 2221ss Battery Patch (tried few other but didn’t work)
Disable from _INI
Disable from _REG on SSDT-3 or something
Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)
Britness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell) (it didn’t work either)
Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
Rename GFXO to IGPU
Fix_WAK Arg0 v2
Haswell LPC
HPET Fix

I didn’t use IRQ Fix as it says it has affect on HPET and since I got sounds with VoodooHD packages (other methods didn’t work, tried for days), I didn’t want to use it.. My audio devices are unsupported (Intel and Realtek) their codes are unknown in DPCI Manager..

RTC Fix
SMBUS Fix
8-series USB

LTR8100E.kext never worked, tried installing with your terminal method on both L*/E* and S*/L*/E*, then used Kext Utility, nothing worked.. then used Hackintosh Vietnamese Tools to install some other kexts including the LTR8100E, which worked, I don’t know if I was missing something, but as far as I remember, I read the post few times :/

Those are the only patches so far, I used all your guides, including installing with clover, DSDT-SSDT patching, and some other.. so can I use them over the High Sierra or Mojave installation?

I may sound stupid, but which is the best choice? Stay in Sierra, or move to High Sierra/ Mojave? I actually don’t know much about those OS X(yet), maybe you can give a choice for a noob like me :S

You failed to attach any PR files.
Read post #2 again.

Attachments

• Patched_AMLs.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Thanks for telling me twice :/ finally got it after a lot of tries :/ It was keep saying I forgot to press F2... I installed Sierra again this morning, but battery patch doesn't seem to be working as it was with previous installation, I don't see it any different when the charger is connected + after 15% it drops to 0(zero), it is complicated for me to do it my own :(

Attachments

• debug_13774.zip
    2 MB · Views: 45
Thanks for telling me twice :/ finally got it after a lot of tries :/ It was keep saying I forgot to press F2... I installed Sierra again this morning, but battery patch doesn't seem to be working as it was with previous installation, I don't see it any different when the charger is connected + after 15% it drops to 0(zero), it is complicated for me to do it my own :(
read the laptop guide, post 2 regarding installing kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back