CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After two solid days trying every suggestion and tutorial, I got nowhere with enabling ALC1150 audio (Gigabyte GA-H170N, Intel i6700). Even resorting to a ground-up disc format & fresh Mojave install. Then I came across VoodooHDA in a handy installer package.

Double-clicked the installer, rebooted, everything's working. That was it. No config, nothing. I even now have the option of using front or rear mic / headphone inputs and a System Preferences panel for adjusting features I'll never want to (!).

I'm not sure what has changed with Mojave but this was by far the hardest upgrade experience I've ever had in 8 years. And I still haven't get my internal graphics to work (HD530.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
After two solid days trying every suggestion and tutorial, I got nowhere with enabling ALC1150 audio (Gigabyte GA-H170N, Intel i6700). Even resorting to a ground-up disc format & fresh Mojave install. Then I came across VoodooHDA in a handy installer package.

Double-clicked the installer, rebooted, everything's working. That was it. No config, nothing. I even now have the option of using front or rear mic / headphone inputs and a System Preferences panel for adjusting features I'll never want to (!).

I'm not sure what has changed with Mojave but this was by far the hardest upgrade experience I've ever had in 8 years. And I still haven't get my internal graphics to work (HD530.

Steve
Hi steveharman, can you explain how did you get the VoodooHDA? Did you used MultiBeast and if yes which one did you installed? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back