CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First let me just say, Thanks for all your Help RehabMan, you have been completely invaluable to this forum. So im slowly winding down on my issues for the HP 4530s hackingtosh i got. I only got two issues left and i would be 100 percent content with my setup.

First, my bluetooth. I installed a kext file with the vanilla IOBluetooth and IOath3kfrmwr kext and now i do see a bluetooth icon on my menu bar but it doesnt actually work. i tried pairing my headset to it but it never connects. i see it listed in my devices but i can never sucessfully connect to it.

Secondly, my trackpad. I do have my touchpad works as a mouse where i scroll with it but i CAN'T do the two finger horizontal and vertical scroll gesture. i've read somewhere that we have gestures working on our hp4530s but dont see what to do to make it work. can anyone please point in the right direction.... rehabman?

First let me just say, Thanks for all your Help RehabMan, you have been completely invaluable to this forum. So im slowly winding down on my issues for the HP 4530s hackingtosh i got. I only got two issues left and i would be 100 percent content with my setup.

First, my bluetooth. I installed a kext file with the vanilla IOBluetooth and IOath3kfrmwr kext and now i do see a bluetooth icon on my menu bar but it doesnt actually work. i tried pairing my headset to it but it never connects. i see it listed in my devices but i can never sucessfully connect to it.

Secondly, my trackpad. I do have my touchpad works as a mouse where i scroll with it but i CAN'T do the two finger horizontal and vertical scroll gesture. i've read somewhere that we have gestures working on our hp4530s but dont see what to do to make it work. can anyone please point in the right direction.... rehabman?

I can't really help much on the BT front. I don't have any BT devices, so haven't been able to test much. I know it is a problem area. Well, I do have one BT device... a Windows 7 Phone... I fully expected it wouldn't work, and, well, I wasn't wrong. But one thing you should check is that you see the BT info in System Information (About This Mac, More Info, System Report). And you can check the console log to see if you have IOath3kfrmwr.kext loading the firmware correctly (search for IOath in console).

Two finger scroll should work, provided you are using the ApplePS2Controller.kext from tegezee's ProBook installer. Check in system prefs to see that your system recognizes the trackpad, and that you have those gestures enabled. I'm working on a new version of this kext, but it is not ready to be released yet.

I'm working on a new version of this kext, but it is not ready to be released yet.
I'm glad to hear it. Thank you very much!

Thanks again man. Just a quick note, I cant find the appleps2controller kext on the hp probook installer, im running the 5.1b version and its not there. any ideas?

It is part of the main OS X version/10.8.1 kexts... You can see what is in the various options using an app like Pacifist. Make sure you didn't install VoodooPS2Controller somewhere along the way (delete and rebuild kernel cache, it if you did).

Sweet.. last question. how do i confirm or find out if i "did" in fact install the voodoops2 controller? would removing it make my trackpad stop working instantly as i remove it? if it does, i may need to get a usb mouse and keyboard before doing this

Sweet.. last question. how do i confirm or find out if i "did" in fact install the voodoops2 controller? would removing it make my trackpad stop working instantly as i remove it? if it does, i may need to get a usb mouse and keyboard before doing this

Look for /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Did you ever check to see if you have Trackpad in System Prefs??

Yes i did. it says no trackpad found.

OK, so you for sure do not have ApplePS2Controller.kext properly installed... Make sure no Voodoo, and then re-run tegezee's installer to install just the OS X kexts for your version (if you are on 10.8.2, you'll have to re-install patched 10.8.2 kexts after [AppleHDA, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, AppleSmartBatteryManager).

That should make your trackpad act like trackpad not mouse.

If not, try repair permissions & rebuild kernel cache from Kext Wizard.

Also, you can check kernel.log in Console for messages from Voodoo (I can't tell you specifically, as I'm running my modified kexts for keyboard/trackpad right now). But I believe the version of Voodoo in the installer outputs status of trackpad when it loads (if it loads...)

You can also use Kext Wizard (Loaded tab) to determine which kexts are loading. Search for 'PS2'

P.S. Don't get confused about me saying remove Voodoo, then asking you to verify you have messages about Voodoo trackpad loading. The version of Voodoo that is in the ProBook installer is just called ApplePS2Controller.kext/ApplePS2SynapticsTrackpad even though it is the 'voodoo' version.

I had the same problems with my trackpad, check in /Extra for any ps2 kexts, and delete them. I recommend removing every kext from there, it gets messy after a while, especially that most of our kexts are vanilla ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back