1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/app ... ble-today/

Apple Revolutionizes Video Editing With Final Cut Pro X

CUPERTINO, California—June 21, 2011—Apple® today announced Final Cut Pro® X, a revolutionary new version of the world’s most popular Pro video editing software which completely reinvents video editing with a Magnetic Timeline that lets you edit on a flexible, trackless canvas; Content Auto-Analysis that categorizes your content upon import by shot type, media and people; and background rendering that allows you to work without interruption. Built on a modern 64-bit architecture, Final Cut Pro X is available from the Mac® App Store™ for $299.99.

Anyone tested it on a Hack?

And do you have any idea how it will work with different GPUs? (I have a Geforce 240GT for example)... :wave:

I'm very curious as well if anyone here has tested it on a hack system. I have all the components in place to put mine together, but have been waiting for this software release to do the build as it is the main purpose of having the hackintosh. I have FCP X loaded on my MBP, Core 2 Duo, and its just about the bare minimum system requirements. I need more resources and a bigger monitor, so hackintosh, here i come. Any info would be great!

bm

I already buy FCP X, working on mine hackintosh normaly.. nice program

Thanks for the reply. Any issues you've run into with it and comparability?

Works fine on mine, with one caveat: Soon as the program launches, fans hop on max even when it's not doing anything. CPU usage goes through the roof. No extensive testing yet though.

Interesting. My fans run solidly when running on my MBP, but with the low processor thats to be expected. If anything else runs oddly, please post a reply. Thanks!

Only problem I've had was Bank of America thinking the $327.00 Apps Store purchase was fraudulent. Once I got that out of the way; no problems download or running it.

Don't let the nay sayer on the internet sway your purchase, it's awesome!

No fan issues for me, nice seeing ALL the processor work hard! Even got usage up over 60%.

This is a great primer on FCP X.
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_x_first_look_martin.html

Only problem I had was the 10.8.6 upgrade, I forgot to check all three boxes in the "Energy Saver" Prefs.

I'm glad to hear the report that it is running well on your machine. I've been an FCP user/trainer for many years, and have been anticipating this release for some time. I'm honesty quite disappointed in all the naysayers and knee jerk reactions from the pro community. True, Apple could have and should have done things differently with the release, but the fact remains that FCP 7 still runs and functions exactly as it always has, and right along side FCP X on the same system. For what its worth, my take on it is, if you choose to buy it, work with it on the side till you get used to it and find its strong points, and wait till its a more robust application to fit it into your professional work flow. Or not. Its pretty obvious at this point, that Apple will lose a certain share of their customer base to Adobe and Avid. Speaking of which, any word on how either of those work on a hackintosh, in both software's 5.5 version? Just curious.

bm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back