Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Final Cut Pro 7/Apple Color- issues with color

Hey guys, first post here on the forums. Was hoping for some help with an issue I've encountered with Final Cut 7 in Snow Leopard.

I've gotten the program to install with no problem, but when I import any footage into it and I preview it in the canvas or the viewer, it shows the video footage as much more contrasted and saturated than what the image actually is. This seems to be the only problem I haven't been able to take care of with the hackintosh build. I've attached screenshots below of the comparison of the original footage when opened in quicktime, and the footage when opened in Final Cut.

Bride1.png Bride2.png

Drift2.png Drift1.png

Specs for my build are:
i7 2600k, Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Evga gtx480...

My guess is that Final Cut does not support this graphics card, and that the issue is related to the program's lack of support for the card, since the footage viewed anywhere else on the computer looks normal.

I'm running version 7.0.3 of Final Cut Pro. The issue occurred as well when I had installed and was running 7.0 (without the update).

Can anyone throw in their experience and tips?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Bride1.png
    Bride1.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Bride2.png
    Bride2.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 494
  • Drift1.png
    Drift1.png
    805.7 KB · Views: 1,303
  • Drift2.png
    Drift2.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 309
anyone have any thoughts? Think I'm going to return the gtx480 today and get a 6870

We all the same problem.

It's a color management problem.

A friend of mine has the same problem with canon footage on a real macpro with supported 5870...

Have you tried converting with 5DtoRGB? It bypasses the quicktime conversion. The quicktime conversion crunches the blacks. Perhaps using 5DtoRGB will correct the issue.

Wow, that's a drastic difference.
Yeah, something doesn't look right there in that setup.

Here's QT player (left), and FCP ver.5 (right) - I don't have FCP 7.
fcp.png

And here's QT (left) and Premiere Pro CS6 (right).
cs6.png

Video card is a 6870.

Attachments

• fcp.png
    fcp.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 215
  • cs6.png
    cs6.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 206
Yeah, seems to be still an issue after swapping to the 6870. Just updated to Lion today with UniBeast to see how things looked in there. No luck in fixing it though.

In response to thekeygun: I'm not sure converting with another program will fix my issue. My issue is only in previewing the clips in FCP. The final product when exported out of FCP looks as it should, but when editing, the files all look over-saturated and crushed. Not looking to spend $50 right now on a test, but if someone has experienced this same issue with that as a solution I'd definitely be in to try.

Along with issues in FCP, Apple Color is failing as well. Was hoping I wouldn't have the same issue in Color, but it's actually much worse. Final Cut Studio just doesn't like my setup one bit.

As you can see, everything is just way off, and not even recognizable. The last screenshot is of what is supposed to be a white screen, and you can see the color shift from white.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.21.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.21.32 PM.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.21.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.21.48 PM.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.22.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.22.07 PM.png
    80 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.