Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The SATA controller has failed on my GIGABYTE|GA-Z77X-UP4 TH board. I was using this machine for video editing with Final Cut. My understanding was that there's no hacks or any way to transfer the license on a Hackintosh. Can anyone confirm.

What Buying Advice do you need ?

According to Apple :

"On how many computers can I install Final Cut Pro X?
The Final Cut Pro X 10.2 license agreement states:

"...you have the right to use the Apple Software as permitted by the Mac App Store Product Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/) ("Usage Rules"), and are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:

"(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS X ("Mac Computer") that you own or control..."

For complete details, view the Final Cut Pro X 10.2 License Agreement."

Last edited:
What Buying Advice do you need ?

According to Apple :

"On how many computers can I install Final Cut Pro X?
The Final Cut Pro X 10.2 license agreement states:

"...you have the right to use the Apple Software as permitted by the Mac App Store Product Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/) ("Usage Rules"), and are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:

"(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS X ("Mac Computer") that you own or control..."

For complete details, view the Final Cut Pro X 10.2 License Agreement."

I read this earlier today. My question was whether I can still use the program if I have to replace my motherboard. Yes, it will still be one copy on one machine I control, but I thought I had read that Final Cut is tied to the MB serial number and if you use an existing system hard drive on a different motherboard, your final cut installation will become disabled and you have to buy a new license. That's not what it says above; my question was whether I misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back