Contribute
Register

Final Build! Parts will be ordered tomorrow! Will This Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Planning to order most of my parts tomorrow, last chance and making everything works. I will upgrade the ram to 8gb and get a SSD for christmas. So, will this work?

• GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
    Intel i7 2600k
    CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply
    Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
    Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM
    ATI 5770 'Batmobile'
    ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound

This build is giving me some gaming performance and an i7 processor, and it seems pretty much on par or better than the base Mac Pro. It is just mixing and matching parts from the CustoMac page. I don't need the RAM maxed out yet and I will upgrade to Ivy Bridge and a new GPU next year.

As of now, I am undecided on a case. I want something slick with lots of hard drive bays, something similiar to the Fractal Design Define R3 (it is sold out, was planning to buy that).

I have to thank everyone on this forum for being so kind, TonyMac for creating this forum and having so much information available, and everyone who has helped me in my past threads.

VeganHipster said:
Planning to order most of my parts tomorrow, last chance and making everything works. I will upgrade the ram to 8gb and get a SSD for christmas. So, will this work?

• GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
    Intel i7 2600k
    CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply
    Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
    Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM
    ATI 5770 'Batmobile'
    ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound

This build is giving me some gaming performance and an i7 processor, and it seems pretty much on par or better than the base Mac Pro. It is just mixing and matching parts from the CustoMac page. I don't need the RAM maxed out yet and I will upgrade to Ivy Bridge and a new GPU next year.

As of now, I am undecided on a case. I want something slick with lots of hard drive bays, something similiar to the Fractal Design Define R3 (it is sold out, was planning to buy that).

I have to thank everyone on this forum for being so kind, TonyMac for creating this forum and having so much information available, and everyone who has helped me in my past threads.

Looks fine - the motherboard is in the DSDT database so should be OK but I haven't checked the exact chipsets for audio/lan but should be OK.

I have an R2 case and love it ! I had to make my own reset switch tho. It's a lovely case.

notshy said:
Looks fine - the motherboard is in the DSDT database so should be OK but I haven't checked the exact chipsets for audio/lan but should be OK.

I have an R2 case and love it ! I had to make my own reset switch tho. It's a lovely case.

The motherboard is in one of the recommended Sandy Bridge builds, so I am hoping everything will just work. That is the main reason I am going with all those parts because they are all in the recommended builds.

I wish I could get the R3, but Newegg, Amazon, and Microcenter are all sold out :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back