Contribute
Register

Film Scoring/Music Production Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm, a suggestion for headroom/futureproofing... been doing this for years... thunderbolt in a music sys is where you want to be... no ifs, ands or buts...
I agree, for a music production build I would go with the Designare for the onboard Thunderbolt.

I agree, for a music production build I would go with the Designare for the onboard Thunderbolt.

z170x ud5th is a less expensive board... does he need two ethernet ports and a u2?... probably not...

Last edited:
Not in the US. If you can find one it costs over $270.

which in my edited post, I suggested that he'll be forced into z270... ud5 or ud3 would be my choices...

Last edited:
z170x ud5th is a less expensive board... does he need two ethernet ports and a u2?... probably not...
It's selling for $185 at Amazon right now (Z270X-Designare) which is a good price even if the extras aren't really needed.
You also get:
  • RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED light Show Design
  • Woo hoo :lol: Who can get by without that ?

Last edited:
It's selling for $185 at Amazon right now which is a good price even if the extras aren't really needed.
You also get:

z270x-ud5 @$199 at amazon...ud3@ $147...

everybody...

just for comparison, I ordered two z270 ud5 boards yesterday to update my builds... (two older z77 up5th builds that have been great for over four years)...

just for comparison, I ordered two z270 ud5 boards yesterday to update my builds... (two older z77 up5th builds that have been great for over four years)...

Looks like a good choice. Didn't know that those now have TH3 onboard. Gigabyte used to always put -TH at the end of the board model description but they're not doing that for the Z270X-UD5.

We'll likely get better support for TH3 from Apple once the new 2017 iMacs are released.

Last edited:
Looks like a good choice. Didn't know that those now have TH3 onboard. We'll likely get better support for TH3 from Apple once the new 2017 iMacs are released.

z170 boards were all tb3 as well... for music prod builds interfacing with outboard storage and interfaces, tb3 has to be knocked down to tb2 - just the way it is right now... the real trick is finding add'l gigabyte tb3 cards for the motherboard's onboard tb3 headers - add'l parts for gig-boards has always been hit and miss...... can't EVER have too many t-bolt ports...

Last edited:
We'll likely get better support for TH3 from Apple once the new 2017 iMacs are released.

support from apple?... pfftt.. and pigs will fly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back