CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried enabling Filevault in Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and was not successful. I have researched online and found that this new version of Filevault requires the EFI environment of real Macs. Has there been any progress on this? Is this a planned feature for Chameleon, or does the Clover Bootloader now support this?

I have tried enabling Filevault in Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and was not successful. I have researched online and found that this new version of Filevault requires the EFI environment of real Macs. Has there been any progress on this? Is this a planned feature for Chameleon, or does the Clover Bootloader now support this?

File vault 2 wil work on any data only drive, but will not work on the OS X boot drive. At this time, there is no workaround for this problem.

Thanks for the responses. Has anyone tried encrypting their boot drive with Truecrypt in OSX.

File vault 2 wil work on any data only drive, but will not work on the OS X boot drive. At this time, there is no workaround for this problem.

Going Bald, I read this post with interest as I am interested in setting up File Vault 2 to protect a Data only second hard drive, it does also hold user profiles but is not the boot drive. Is this feasible at the current time?

It is possible for any other not boot disks to use filevault2. If you want to encrypt your user folder (like filevault1) on the bootdisk or on any other non-networked disk, there is a solution to that.

If you are interested, I could write down a How-To for activating filevault1 on 10.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back