Contribute
Register

File Sharing Problem (Permissions & RAID Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ML 10.8.1 Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155
Graphics
Sapphire 100283-3L ATI Radeon HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay, converted my Win Server 08 R2 over to Mountain Lion just for the fun of it. Then realized the issues with trying to share NTFS formatted drives. So converted them all to HFS+ drives. Now have my file sharing back up and running on ML. The only problem I am having is that there are two drives that are on a RAID card. Note they are not in a RAID array, just simply using the card for the two extra SATA ports. All drives can be accessed by all user accounts I have set up within the Server app. All drives not on the RAID card, user permissions are working fine as well. However on the two drives on the RAID card, user permissions are ignored, thus allowing any user connected read & write rather than just read as both System Preferences and Server app show within the settings on the two drives. Another odd finding when going to verify user permissions was that my currently logged on account (shared to my ML comp -- same account name) was showing Unknown User with Server app while showing correct user name in System Prefences, but again still working fine. Just how to correct the permissions on the two drives connected to the RAID card? The card in question is "Rosewill RC-211". Using the driver provided here "http://www.rosewill.com/products/462/ProductDetail_Download.htm"

Hmm... I see no one seems to have any input on this. A week of searching the web yields no results (that I can find). Really wish someone could help me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back