Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
OK. I figure out theRX 580 Pulse. All you got to do is copy the AMD 9500 and the AMD framebuffer kext from 10.15.0 build, and replace ones on the 10.15.1 build.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. I managed to get past the black screen, but not the graphics card doesn't appear to be recognized properly. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 10.23.30 PM.jpg

WhatEverGreen 1.3.4 fixed it for me, no issues

WEG got me through the install also, but after getting it all setup an drumming, and after a few reboots, the black screen came back. I’m going to try this method on a clean install and see what happens.
Thank you Galisrule. Hope this works

Thank you so much for your help. I managed to get past the black screen, but not the graphics card doesn't appear to be recognized properly. Any ideas?View attachment 433961
Same problem here. Graphics look funny, and card is not recognized properly.

Just in case it helps anyone.
1. I've updated the Catalina to 10.15.1 and got the black screen on my RX 580 (cause I didn't update the WEG).
2. I booted from High Sierra backup from USB drive, updated the WEG in Clover/Others (got the black screen)
3. Updated the WEG to 1.3.4 in /L/E using sudo cp in terminal. I tried to rebuild the kext cache, but with no luck, cause I'm not sure how to do this when booted from the backup USB. (I still got the black screen).
4. Then I booted from recovery and reinstalled Catalina 10.15.1 (multiple reboots, choosing the Install from Clover).

That somehow worked for me - the video card model showed correctly, and the first impression, that everything works like it should.

I ended up downloading the full 10.15.1 image from Apple and creating a USB installer with Clover. Smooth install, no issues. Catalina running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back