Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you have with GTX 4XX card NOT getting KPs or freezes?

I was recently reading somewhere here that the issues might be an interaction between overclocking and the card's power states. So I thought I'd try to get to the bottom of this issue (if that's possible) with some details.

If you are NOT seeing issues can you please post:
Overclock settings?
Any other non-standing BIOS settings?

If you're able to get display wake from sleep to work:
Are you using DSDT?
Which sleep kexts?

Finally, if you are seeing freezes and you're overclocking, can you try running standard settings and see if that causes the freezing to no longer occur?

JoshNYC said:
Do you have with GTX 4XX card NOT getting KPs or freezes?

I was recently reading somewhere here that the issues might be an interaction between overclocking and the card's power states. So I thought I'd try to get to the bottom of this issue (if that's possible) with some details.

If you are NOT seeing issues can you please post:
Overclock settings?
Any other non-standing BIOS settings?

If you're able to get display wake from sleep to work:
Are you using DSDT?
Which sleep kexts?

Finally, if you are seeing freezes and you're overclocking, can you try running standard settings and see if that causes the freezing to no longer occur?

I have two 480 and one 470, neither has frozen since i got them.
I also have a Quadro 4000, non mac edition, it has also never frozen.

Well a stroke of somewhat good luck has hit me, I RMAd my GTX 460 cause it was overheating and received a GTX 470 (thanks eVGA!). From what I heard the GTX 470s are immune to the Fermi freeze, but only time will tell. I'll edit if I get a freeze.

I'm running a gts 450, and haven't had any freezes lately (a couple weeks). I'm running dual DVI monitors (one at 1080p res and the other at 1600 x 1200, yes not an ideal config).

I have multibeast settings at: nvEnbaler, 64bit apple boot screen w/ GraphicsEnabler = yes, PCIroot fix = 1, tonymacx86 Nvidia update, and I delete the extensions.mkext in S/L/extra folder after each multibeast run (I have a boot freeze at the grey apple load screen if not deleted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back