Contribute
Register

Fenvi WiFi Stopped working when USB 3.0 expansion card is added

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably don't need the DeviceProperties for the SMBus as well as the SSDT.

I would use the SSDT, boot in to macOS and check it was working.

Have a look at this revised and cleaned up config.plist, see if this works with your current setup.

Attachments

• revised-cleanedup-config.plist.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 19
You would only need that rename patch if your SMBUS entry in your IOReg is not set correctly.

If yours is already set as SMB, then you don't need it.

The SSDT-SMBUS.dsl looks OK.
This is booted without the SMB renaming patch. Is this how I should check?
Does the Terminal show SMBus is fully fixed ? I believe I saw samples that should show two lines of data.
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 9.13.32 p. m..png

The images above say the SSDT is working.

You probably don't need the DeviceProperties for the SMBus as well as the SSDT.

I would use the SSDT, boot in to macOS and check it was working.

Have a look at this revised and cleaned up config.plist, see if this works with your current setup.
Thank you. I used the cleanup config.plist without the DeviceProperties and booted with no issues.

Do you mean the WiFi and USB cards are both working? Or just that it booted macOS?

Do you mean the WiFi and USB cards are both working? Or just that it booted macOS?
Just booted macOS!
Wifi still disabled when USB card is inserted. I wonder if should I return the USB 3.0 card ?

I have discovered something strange with Intel Power Management Gadget recently. It shows the following
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-27 a la(s) 9.48.18 a. m..png
After I run the sudo touch /Library/Extensions without restarting it shows working fine the Power Gadget
what could have gone wrong?

Possibly a bad installation, where the Intel Power Gadget (IPG) App is not fully authorised to work in macOS. Did you grant permission for the app to run when you installed it? This permission issue is part of the installation process where a warning box appears and tells you to sign in to Privacy & Security to enable IPG. It is very easy to skip.

Possible solution would be to Uninstall IGP, reboot, clear Nvram, and then reinstall the latest macOS version (v3.7.0 if I recall correctly). There is an IPG uninstaller in the IPG folder in Applications.

I had something similar happen when I installed Ventura Beta2.

Returning the USB card is an option. The card may be faulty.

If you have a Windows installation you could test the card in Windows to see how it behaves, alongside the WiFI/BT card or on its own.

Do you have the Fenvi WiFi/BT card setup to work in Windows?
The USB card shouldn't require any drivers in Windows, they should be installed automatically.

Possibly a bad installation, where the Intel Power Gadget (IPG) App is not fully authorised to work in macOS. Did you grant permission for the app to run when you installed it? This permission issue is part of the installation process where a warning box appears and tells you to sign in to Privacy & Security to enable IPG. It is very easy to skip.

Possible solution would be to Uninstall IGP, reboot, clear Nvram, and then reinstall the latest macOS version (v3.7.0 if I recall correctly). There is an IPG uninstaller in the IPG folder in Applications.

I had something similar happen when I installed Ventura Beta2.
Thank you. I had this Power Gadget installed for a long time and never had issues. I will uninstall and follow the other steps and install again and see.

Returning the USB card is an option. The card may be faulty.

If you have a Windows installation you could test the card in Windows to see how it behaves, alongside the WiFI/BT card or on its own.

Do you have the Fenvi WiFi/BT card setup to work in Windows?
The USB card shouldn't require any drivers in Windows, they should be installed automatically.
Yes, both cards worked OK in Windows. I have already sent it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back