Contribute
Register

Fenvi WiFi Stopped working when USB 3.0 expansion card is added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can help.
I wonder if this is related to IRQ conflicts, Do I need to created a new SSTD-HPET.aml from Windows ?
Thanks
or in macOS

or in macOS
Thank you. I did first in Windows because SSDT Time can only dump the DSDT (required) on Windows, only the selecting the “O” option, placed the new SSDT-HPET.aml with the patches in config.plist but did not make the WiFi be activated. The Fenvi is detected as you can see on System Report
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-23 a la(s) 9.51.37 p. m..png

On SSDT-Time for IRQ conflicts there are other options but I have no clue about specifying devices. This time on Mac, having brought the DSDT.aml from the USB stick I runned on Windows.
Can someone guide whether there is a better way to resolve this. Thanks
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-23 a la(s) 9.39.30 p. m..png

Thank you. I did first in Windows because SSDT Time can only dump the DSDT (required) on Windows, only the selecting the “O” option, placed the new SSDT-HPET.aml with the patches in config.plist but did not make the WiFi be activated. The Fenvi is detected as you can see on System Report
View attachment 553623

On SSDT-Time for IRQ conflicts there are other options but I have no clue about specifying devices. This time on Mac, having brought the DSDT.aml from the USB stick I runned on Windows.
Can someone guide whether there is a better way to resolve this. Thanks
View attachment 553624
normally choose C (default option)

then use the provided HPET.aml and add in the config.plist renames it provides

OK, your motherboard has the following PCIe slots.

Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 22.01.00.png

Motherboard layout for P9X79 Pro

Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 21.59.22.png

The expected setup would be as follows:
  • dGPU in PCIEx16_1, with PCIEX1_1 covered by the dual space RX570 dGPU.
  • WiFi or USB card in PCIEX1_2, as both are only x1 cards.
  • USB or WiFi card in PCIEX16_3, as this is an x8 slot, which is separate from the 3 x X16 graphics slots.
  • PCIEX16_2 and PCIEX16_4 empty.
Is this how you have the cards installed/setup?

OK, your motherboard has the following PCIe slots.

View attachment 553787

Motherboard layout for P9X79 Pro

View attachment 553789

The expected setup would be as follows:
  • dGPU in PCIEx16_1, with PCIEX1_1 covered by the dual space RX570 dGPU.
  • WiFi or USB card in PCIEX1_2, as both are only x1 cards.
  • USB or WiFi card in PCIEX16_3, as this is an x8 slot, which is separate from the 3 x X16 graphics slots.
  • PCIEX16_2 and PCIEX16_4 empty.
Is this how you have the cards installed/setup?
Thank you. Yes, that was my last try and Wifi is detected but can not be enabled.
One question: Does SMBus controller has anything to do with this?
I am trying to get SMBUS enabled.

Can you confirm which card was in each slot. As I'm not sure you answered the question about your PCIE card setup.

Your system lacking some SSDT's could have something to do with this issue. Won't hurt for you to add the SMBUS SSDT to your setup, as long as you use the correct ACPI address. Hackintool can help with the ACPI address.

Actually I'm surprised you don't already have the SMBUS and a number of other SSDT's in your setup. If I recall correctly, X79, X99 and X299 systems hav always required a number of specific SSDT's for macOS to work satisfactorily.

Can you confirm which card was in each slot. As I'm not sure you answered the question about your PCIE card setup.

Your system lacking some SSDT's could have something to do with this issue. Won't hurt for you to add the SMBUS SSDT to your setup, as long as you use the correct ACPI address. Hackintool can help with the ACPI address.

Actually I'm surprised you don't already have the SMBUS and a number of other SSDT's in your setup. If I recall correctly, X79, X99 and X299 systems hav always required a number of specific SSDT's for macOS to work satisfactorily.
I appreciate your help.
Here is the setup:
1- at the very top the GPU covering the small slot
3 - empty grey X16_2 Empty
4 - X16_3 USB card
5- X16_4 blue Empty
6 - Fenvi Wifi X1_2

Right I have never been aware about SMBus fix, today I was browsing the Dortania Post-Install guide, and also checked someone's EFI who have the same MOBO and has the SSDT-SMBUS.

I believe I am half way to fix SMBUS
I am having an issue with the rename ACPI Patch. I am testing with a separate USB Stick.
Here is my SSDT-SMBUS.dsl —of course the file I put is the .aml— and a patch that makes booting to fail.
It says Patch 4 is Borked
I saw one of your post advicing to rename pci8086,1d22 in Hex to SMB in Hex
I attached the config.plist that can not boot because of that APCI patch

Attachments

• SSDT-SMBUS.dsl
    1.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 7.13.46 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 7.13.46 p. m..png
    115 KB · Views: 19
  • current-config.plist
    30.9 KB · Views: 23
You would only need that rename patch if your SMBUS entry in your IOReg is not set correctly.

If yours is already set as SMB, then you don't need it.

The SSDT-SMBUS.dsl looks OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back