Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Thank you, I think this is the kext @5T33Z0 referred to in his post if I am not mistaken so I hope it solves @buddyjack2 Ethernet problem.
The Good News: after installing AppleICG.kext and adding e1000=0 to boot-args, both my WiFi and my Ethernet are working again! Thank you guys so much!

But...

The Bad News: Both Firefox and Adobe Creative Cloud crash or hang immediately upon launch. Poking around online I *think* this may be because they can't operate with AMFI disabled (someone suggested this may also be true with other third-party apps). (Safari is fine, which is what I'm using to log in here to post this).

Since the Root Patch was already successfully applied, I *thought* I could just remove amfi=0x80 from boot-args, but my Hack wouldn't boot up without it. @miliuco has a post elsewhere on tonymacx86 discussing AMFIPass.kext (and -amfipassbeta in boot-args). I'm thinking of trying that instead of amfi=0x80 and (assuming my Hack boots okay afterwards) seeing if that allows Firefox, Creative Cloud and other third-party apps to launch.

I'm thinking of trying that instead of amfi=0x80 and (assuming my Hack boots okay afterwards) seeing if that allows Firefox, Creative Cloud and other third-party apps to launch.
Worth trying with the AMFIPass.kext I guess, I am not sure but I think it was developed to enable some third party apps that won't play nice with Sonoma. Give it a shot and see if you get better results.

Worth trying with the AMFIPass.kext I guess, I am not sure but I think it was developed to enable some third party apps that won't play nice with Sonoma. Give it a shot and see if you get better results.
AMFIPass.kext worked. Both Firefox and Creative Cloud now launch. All is good now; again, thanks for everyone's advice and help!

AMFIPass.kext worked. Both Firefox and Creative Cloud now launch. All is good now; again, thanks for everyone's advice and help!
I ran into the same problem during my test installation of Sonoma and thanks to @suzukikm I was able to fix it and now everything is working perfectly just like they did in Ventura.

Hi everyone;
I installed Sonoma with my EFI from ventura and everything went well except Wifi.
I'm fighting since sonoma iis out with my hack but can't arrive to make wifi broadcom 94360. Everything goes well until patching root with OCLP; (even the wifi icon without exclamation mark appears just before this step).
After that, unable to boot !!
I saw that esafeddie has almost same hardware . Can you share your EFI folder without of course MLB, SN an ID ?
Best regards to all comunity and happy we !!
Fred

I installed Sonoma with my EFI from ventura and everything went well except Wifi.
I'm fighting since sonoma iis out with my hack but can't arrive to make wifi broadcom 94360.
Miliuco says in post #1
I have followed TO THE LETTER the instructions that have been published here....
As has been repeated here many times, this only works if you complete each step of the guide precisely. Go back over the info in post #1 and check whether you followed it exactly. You will probably have to do this again with each point update of Sonoma, why not learn how to complete the process to make it work ? Putting your own serials in someone else's EFI folder probably won't work anyway.

Last edited:
Miliuco says in post #1

As has been repeated here many times, this only works if you complete each step of the guide precisely. Go back over the info in post #1 and check whether you followed it exactly. You will probably have to do this again with each point update of Sonoma, why not learn how to complete the process to make it work ? Putting your own serials in someone else's EFI folder probably won't work anyway.
I tried during 20 hours at least,with hundreds reboot and crashes. and I asked kindly the EFI without SN of course !! Just to compare my EFI with Esafeddie's one . Sorry If I abuse of his kindness.
Have a good day.
regards
fred

I tried during 20 hours at least,with hundreds reboot and crashes. and I asked kindly the EFI without SN of course !! Just to compare my EFI with Esafeddie's one…
Upload you config.plist to check it.

Back