Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 WiFi and CSR8510 Bluetooth USB Mojave Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that Apple bluetooth keyboard works great. I don't have a bluetooth mouse to test with unfortunately.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 7.16.13 AM.png
random hand-off activating again ... strange this chipset is supposedly not compatible but posting anyway

i’m getting Handoff from the computer to my ipad. Screenshot from ipad. i have Safari open on my hackintosh and its showing up on my ipad.

3DD0678D-3F95-4447-A7EC-FBDAF783E364.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 9.56.38 PM.png

Looks like handoff works??, I fired up the notes app on my iPad and it appeared on my Hackintosh. Right before my eyes. More testing required.

Phone calls: when I was out on my back deck and got an incoming call there was a notice on the iPhone to route the call to my Hackintosh so I can get calls on my PC. Check that off the list.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 9.38.00 PM.png

Messages handoff seems working.

I also recently got rid of my Logitech wireless mouse with wireless usb dongle and switched to a wired Zowie ZA11 gaming mouse so that might have helped (2.4 GHz interference). And my WiFi is now permanently set on 5G. So I don't have any other 2.4GHz interference near my computer now. Nothing that can interfere with Bluetooth.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 11.28.21 PM.png

Handoff working . . .

Have you already made an SSDT for the USB port limit? If not, your Fenvi bluetooth will probably work after that just fine.

Here are my reasons why I don't care about using the Fenvi on-board USB bluetooth:

[1] I have to run a splitter on the USB motherboard header and if you've read the Amazon reviews on certain ones, people have FRIED their motherboard using splitters.

[2] I really don't want to run a wire OVER my graphics card (looks ugly)

[3] I like having a physical separation between the Bluetooth USB dongle in the front away from the WiFi antennas in the back.

[4] Range of Wifi is excellent, however my Fenvi Bluetooth range when I tried it was about 30 inches from the case, really bad. And I don't see the point in trying to run a cable to the card and then buy new antennas (as someone else suggested).

Its looking like handoff is working fine now with the Orico Bluetooth USB adapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back