Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 + TITAN Ridge 2.0 (for my LG 4K) + SAPPHIRE RX 580 + AORUS MASTER Z490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS MASTER
CPU
I9 10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello i'm trying to mount every component i need to make my hackintosh work,
I have already a Sapphire RX 580 8 Gb (could be worst but it is the only card i found during the shortage)

Now because i want my hackintosh to connect on wifi, i had to buy a fenvi T919 like someone explained to me on this forum
and because i have got a LG 4K fine wich work only on mac, (wich i didn't know before), someone again on this forum told me to
get a TITAN RIDGE card. Thats what i did, but now i see that on my motherboard i've got only two 9 pin F USB "port" (don't know if it is the good word in english) but one is already taken by the computer case itself, and the second one is not enough because there is the bluetooth cable for the fenvi and the USB cable wich is 9 pin too of the titan ridge...

So it is my first hackintosh but discovering that i have two idea.

1 - I dont connect the Bluetooth cable of the fenvi and
i order another bluetooth key that i plug in a usb port in the back of my computer case

2 - I buy a Usb 9 pin 1 to 2 splitter but i don't know if will be appropriate in my case.

Could someone help me on that point. Because it's just the beggining. After that i must
install Catalina and make my machine work and i see that it won't be a peace of cake.

Thank you guys!!

You can use an internal USB header splitter to increase the number of USB header ports available.

Something like this would work - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075XR1Q75/?tag=tonymacx86-21

51R0-m30h-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg USB header splitter 1 to 2.

There are others that provide 1 to 4 header ports.

Hi Edhawk. Thank you for this answer.

That is exactly what i did, i received today the same component. hope it won't be too bad quality. I bring it tomorow to my office, and if i did everything the good way, i will finally be able to go to the step 2. Now every component seems to be 100% compatible with OSX (Hope the RAM and my CPU Fan will be recognized too, because to me it was not a problem, but i learn something new every day with this project of hackintosh).

Alright.

So step 2 is the installation of the system. See you at this stage, hope it won't be too hard to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back