Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 D3
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX580
Hello, I built this Hackintosh about two months ago, and I've just taken a while to get round to fixing this issue, as it hasn't been a big deal until recently.

Essentially, I get an error/fail to export every time I attempt to export a video from Final Cut. Strangely it will happily export a 'snapshot' from the video, but not the video itself.

I initially had an issue where FCPX wouldn't open at all and would produce a crash report before opening. This was resolved by enabling iGPU in the BIOS.

Specs:
i7 8700 CPU
RX580 GPU
Z370 D3 MB
Setup using TonyMac installation guide.

Does anyone have any theories on what might be going wrong with this? I had read some suggestions that maybe the computer isn't recognising the Cpu correctly?

Hello, I built this Hackintosh about two months ago, and I've just taken a while to get round to fixing this issue, as it hasn't been a big deal until recently.

Essentially, I get an error/fail to export every time I attempt to export a video from Final Cut. Strangely it will happily export a 'snapshot' from the video, but not the video itself.

I initially had an issue where FCPX wouldn't open at all and would produce a crash report before opening. This was resolved by enabling iGPU in the BIOS.

Specs:
i7 8700 CPU
RX580 GPU
Z370 D3 MB
Setup using TonyMac installation guide.

Does anyone have any theories on what might be going wrong with this? I had read some suggestions that maybe the computer isn't recognising the Cpu correctly?

Do you have IGPU enabled and configured to be headless?

iGPU is ENABLED. Not sure what you mean about configuring it to be headless? So, I guess...no?

Please post you config.plist.

Also, as per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

Please post you config.plist.

Also, as per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

I'll have to post the config.plist this weekend, as currently the computer is in my office which I won't be at until the weekend. Was hoping to gain as much info to try and attack the problem when I go in.

I'll have to post the config.plist this weekend, as currently the computer is in my office which I won't be at until the weekend. Was hoping to gain as much info to try and attack the problem when I go in.

Depending on the system definition that you use, FCPX may expect IGPU to be available and will use it for Quick Sync. If IGPU is configured incorrectly, it can lead to FCPX crashing.

The other alternative is to use a system definition that doesn't have IGPU such as iMacPro1,1.

Depending on the system definition that you use, FCPX may expect IGPU to be available and will use it for Quick Sync. If IGPU is configured incorrectly, it can lead to FCPX crashing.

The other alternative is to use a system definition that doesn't have IGPU such as iMacPro1,1.

Hey,

So this is the problem I had initially, where it would crash on start-up. Then when iGPU was enabled, the problem was resolved.

Whether or not iGPU being off would allow exporting, I'm not sure, as this can't be tested as FCPX won't open with iGPU disabled.

Is it possible that switching to the iMacPro1,1 would just cause FCPX to crash when opening again?

Hey,

So this is the problem I had initially, where it would crash on start-up. Then when iGPU was enabled, the problem was resolved.

Whether or not iGPU being off would allow exporting, I'm not sure, as this can't be tested as FCPX won't open with iGPU disabled.

Is it possible that switching to the iMacPro1,1 would just cause FCPX to crash when opening again?

Real iMacPro1,1s don't have IGPU and FCPX doesn't crash on launch on them...

Try disabling IGPU in BIOS and switch to iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Real iMacPro1,1s don't have IGPU and FCPX doesn't crash on launch on them...

Try disabling IGPU in BIOS and switch to iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Okay, I'll try this at the weekend.

What is the most effective way to change to iMacPro1,1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back