Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS GENE VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 8GB
Hello,

I have mounted a hackintosh with motherboard GA-Z170MX Gaming 5, i7 6700K, Radeon 7XXX, DDR 4 Crucial 2400 MHZ, but I have a problem, rendering it on final cut pro X is very slow, 4 min to render it Of a video 1 min while my macbook Pro does in 50 seconds the same project.

Where does the problem come from?

What is your specific model of graphics card ? Is it fully working ?

My problem is big problem, 3 years before I bought a motherboard mounted a Hackintosh

Intel Core i7-4790K,
GigaByte GA-Z87MX-D3H Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS8G3D18ADS3CEU - 2 x 8 GB - 1866 MHz

So I had final cut pro X which was super slow in rendering, 1 min of video in 4 min for a mp4 rendering, while the same project on my Retina MacBook Pro is 45 seconds, even my Lenovo y-700 laptop hackintosh But 1 Min.

So after 3 years I figured the problem must surely come from the ram, I put 3 4 different always the same, in the end I completely changed my config this week.

I took the GA-z170mx Gaming 5 + 32 GO ram 2400MHZ Crucial + i7 6700K + radeon 280X natively recognized on osx, is the surprise I always the same problem, made extremely slow ...

I will finally say that it is the motherboard that is not compatible.

That is not the brand name, it is referring to 3GB of video ram. Which brand is it ? XFX, Asus, Sapphire etc.

Sapphire R9 280X 3G PCI E LITE

Thanks

Sapphire R9 280X 3G PCI E LITE

Thanks
There's no reason that GPU should be that slow. You may need to get help troubleshooting this from Rob Willett who is a Pro that uses that Sapphire card on a daily basis. @rwillett I'm sure he'll have some ideas as to what is not working. I don't believe that it is a motherboard problem. It could be something amiss in your Clover config.plist or something similar to that. Could be settings in FCP X etc.

Bruce X times for that card should be between 20-30 seconds.

Last edited:
I tested at least 10 different installations is I always the same problem, I really think that the mother card Gigabyte handles bad ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back